Ticks

KyThunder

Fawn
Jun 2, 2019
West KY
I mix 1oz of Martins 10% permethrin to 19oz of water in a spray bottle. I coon hunt spring, summer, and fall. No live ticks in two years. Found some dead ones on my clothes.

Here is a link with more info. Whats in the article is what I do. The spray method. You can soak too.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Nothing like sweating in your turkey vest and feeling permethrin and deet burn your pores on a hot birdless day. Better than taking a chance with Lyme disease, spotted fever or alphagal.

rum3002576

6 pointer
Dec 29, 2014
Wayne County
I mix 1oz of Martins 10% permethrin to 19oz of water in a spray bottle. I coon hunt spring, summer, and fall. No live ticks in two years. Found some dead ones on my clothes.

Here is a link with more info. Whats in the article is what I do. The spray method. You can soak too.
Wonder what that would do if sprayed on my hounds?

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
Nothing like sweating in your turkey vest and feeling permethrin and deet burn your pores on a hot birdless day. Better than taking a chance with Lyme disease, spotted fever or alphagal.
…maybe? Time will tell for both of us.

KyThunder

Fawn
Jun 2, 2019
West KY
Wonder what that would do if sprayed on my hounds?
Screenshot_20220317-143610_DuckDuckGo.jpg

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
I’ve pulled three off of me in the last week. Had one crawling on me two weeks ago after shed hunting. I dread ticks, chiggers and poison ivy. Bring on winter.

257Wmag

6 pointer
Oct 7, 2015
NC
Spent the day Turkey scouting most of the day Sunday. Pulled one tick off my leg and ran into one black snake. Critters are out.

More importantly saw 2 gobblers, one with 8 hens, other with 14 hens and heard several more gobbling.

Latest posts