Ticks

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Get ready I already pulled one off my wife's ear!
Guess the dog brought it in the house my wife hasn't been outside and can't get off the sidewalk when she does.

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
I was just thinking about this Sunday when I saw one of the pair or socks that I dedicated to keeping treated with my self mixed permethrin last season. Guess I should get back to the habit of keeping a couples sets of farm clothes treated and get a couple sets treated for the kids.

bdbrown66

8 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
When you don't have extended cold weather during winter, the ticks don't die off. As soon as it starts to warm up, they are back at it.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I found one on me other day when I was scouting turkeys. Seen a few snakes at 1st of month too. It’s the season.

I keep a few sets of turkey clothes coated in permethrin every year.

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
Found the first one Feb 21st…basically to the point where it’s worth spraying year round.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Back in MD one year it was one of the coldest we'd had, and we had just had @20" of snow. I guided at a preserve, and after the hunt, we were standing at my truck with my shorthair on the tailgate. I was going over him to make sure he had no injuries from the hunt. As I started, I noticed some seed ticks on him. When I was done going over him, I had pulled over 200 ticks off him. It was like Feb 9th. That morning was @8 or 10 degrees and had gotten to the low 20s. I was very surprised to find any let alone almost 200. I know in Wisconsin and other northern states they have high numbers and I know they get periods of temps below zero and below 20 for very long times.

Latest posts