Thoughts on Chris Christie and other ramblings. . .

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by buckfever, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    He could have his stomach stapled and weigh less than I do months before the general election ever takes place. It might be a punchline for jokes and late night TV, but I don't really see it as an issue. I personally like the idea of less than perfect candidates. Can you imagine how big of a dilemma it would be if Herman Cain runs against Obama? That would be great!

2. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    His anti-gun stance is what turns me away. If we didn't have the 2nd amendment, there wouldn't be any other amendments.

3. deertalker

deertalker Banned

Jul 22, 2008
    He is definately anti-gun, and with the un mulling Americans rights, that alone disqualifies him. What i think is that the media is doing its best to pick the next nominee. I don't think it will work this time. Whippersnapper better save his race card for the 4th quarter and the media can go “straight to hell”.

4. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    I read an article not too long ago that got me thinking, and I'll pose the question to you guys as well. Could Jesus Christ secure the Republican nomination in this country? The author argued no, because he would have been seen as soft, and how far the Right has drifted away from ideas like charity and leniency.

So, what say you guys- could someone with Jesus' ideals be the Republican nominee?

5. grouser68

grouser68 Banned

Jan 29, 2006
    Politics and religion, if your question gets rolling this could get epic West! Ok, till it's shut down.:D Leaving shortly but can't wait to get back and read about it.Would have made a great thread West!:D

6. archeratarch

archeratarch Banned

May 15, 2011
    Or the Democrat nominee?

7. EKUgrad

EKUgrad 10 pointer

Nov 9, 2004
    Lexington
    I would say no as well. I cannot reconcile the right's inherent hostility and their eager use of force with anything resembling the teachings found in the New Testament. Yep, no way in hell.

8. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    With this few responses, I'll try it as it's own thread. We'll see how long it lasts before someone flips out.