Thought this was interesting.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by gurn, Oct 10, 2008.

1. gurn

gurn 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2006
    SE Mich.
  2. DearDoctor

DearDoctor 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2007
    Newburgh, IN
    Captain Tred is an angry person. Has some valid points but if everyone hunted like him we would have no youth hunters and wasn't that what he started his rant about.

3. First of all the thing that would take enjoyment out of hunting with Tred is Tred himself. He's got to be one of the most arogant arse-ho's on outdoor T.V.. He is the poor little rich boy that depicts himself as doing things the hard way in order to be accepted as one of the good ole' boys. I saw one of his shows about fishing. He talked to the guys he was with like he owned them. I kept praying that one of them would take that club that he was using to beat fish with and knock him out of the boat. I mean c'mon when your introductory music is a song calle "Tred, you're the Man", it pretty much sums it up that he is a self absorbed ego maniac. Not sure what type of authority he thinks he is on hunting or how he thinks anybody really cares what he thinks about hunting. Don't make me tell you what I really think about Tred.:rolleyes:

4. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    I agree with rick, tred is not only angry but cockey as ****.. Hunt how you want!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  5. gurn

gurn 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2006
    SE Mich.
    I guess I kinda got something a little different out of it. Like the part where he said however you hunt he will defend it till the end. He obviously is set in his ways, and his idea of what "real hunting" is, but is willing to defend others choice.

6. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Exactly "HE" will defend it till the end! Like he's the only one out there...

7. MercuryNewt

MercuryNewt 8 pointer

Jun 15, 2003
    Louisville, KY, USA.
    Ok, I must be the geek of the group because I was just thinking how cool it was that he posted a video thread! :D

8. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    The guy made sense to me.

9. itallushrt

itallushrt Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Getting a blumpkin
    I'm a fan of Tred! He tells it like he sees it and he isn't worried about running off sponsors or whatever. There is no questioning how passionate he is about hunting and fishing.

I read this article awhile ago and found it rather interesting.

http://powerandmotoryacht.com/columns/sfd/0305sfd/

"But he’s also against calcuttas and kill tournaments and supports children’s causes through a series of tournaments he runs. Barta’s tourneys have raised more than $1 million for the IGFA junior angling program. He recently turned his attention towards underprivileged children in North Carolina. Last year he launched the Barta Boys & Girls Club Billfish Tournament (www.bartaboysandgirlsclubbillfish.com), in Beaufort, North Carolina, which works on honor-system scoring and is, he says, all about “handshakes and backslaps. It’s called sportfishing, not money fishing.” The 2004 event raised more than $40,000 for the Boys & Girls Club, and with increased sponsorship and participants, this worthy cause is sure to reap even bigger benefits in 2005."

10. headoftheholler

headoftheholler 12 pointer

Oct 16, 2007
    Getshot, KY
    Yeah, me too! So who's gonna be the first to put a video post up. I think the "Elk, is it a good thing" thread would have been awesome if we could have all posted our arguements via video. :D:D

11. 44mag

44mag 6 pointer

Sep 21, 2005
    N/A
    hell o" peete, i never even heard of the guy.shows you were i have been hiding at( under a rock).

12. Georgia Transplant

Georgia Transplant 10 pointer

May 22, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    I would like to see him and Ted Nugent in a hunting debate.:D

13. J-ROD

J-ROD Fawn

Oct 14, 2008
    Bowling Green
    Though Ted was angry, and I do believe we should be able to hunt how we want to the fullest extent of the law, he made some valid points on Kiddos. They dont seem to care as much as we used to.

14. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Here's the problem though,jerks like him sound even better to PETA,after all they claim we are all fat,lazy killers,just out for big horns and glory,this guy is doing little more than agreeing with them.Why does he care about Scent-Lok and trail cameras,truth is Daniel Boone would have used it too!!:p

Wademup

15. Brutus Hedgeapple

Brutus Hedgeapple 10 pointer

Jul 30, 2002
    South Central Ky.
    I like Tred. And I agree with alot of what he says.