Thought this stuff never happened...

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Brit's and Birds, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...egistered-to-vote-in-va/ar-BBwNJup?li=BBnb7Kz

This article does not lay blame on democrats or republicans, but Im going to guess its the work of the one not wanting more reulations on voter identity. Why presenting a government ID is such a bad idea I will never understand. Im sure the resident libs will be along shortly to tell us this is a non-issue or something about the boogeyman and tin foil.

I dont care if this was orchestrated by dems or rep, it should NEVER happen. Stuff like this is just pushing us closer to the edge.

2. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Nothing new. Been going on for years and is the main reason some people do NOT want voter ID laws.

3. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

Happens on a regular basis. Multiple votes cast per name, dead people voting, children's names being used but the establishment doesn't do anything about it doesn't matter GOP or Dem. Once elected they become indoctrinated and never stray except for the ones labeled as agitators like R. Paul and T. Cruz. Where are all the Tea Party congressmen that were elected into office? They turn their heads and focus on growing their wealth. The system is broken. I have voted in every election both nationally and locally since 1980 and if Hillary wins I will never vote again. Hell if she wins none of us may get chance to vote again.

4. OldEarnhardtFan

OldEarnhardtFan 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2014
    Northeast of Berea
    I have to show ID to buy a hunting license, fishing license and booze, even to get a book out of the library, apply for foodstamps and adopt a dog but NOT TO VOTE!

Brsutton86 likes this.
  5. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    My ex-wife went to vote and while they were flipping through the signature book, she saw her grandfather's name, and his signed signature next to it. He'd voted earlier that morning. Unfortunately he'd died the year before. But like a good Democrat, he still managed to pull that rooster's tail!

6. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    Why would they want a way to prosecute voter fraud? Stated In my most sarcastic tone

7. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    And the Seattle mall shooter voted in 3 elections.

8. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    You don't have to show an ID at your precinct? I do at mine.

Old lady asks to see my DL, finds my name on the roster and then I have to sign. Think she may even compare signatures to what is on my license. Guess my little country precinct is serious about voting integrity.

A very painless process really. Which is why I find it odd that this is such a big point of contention with people. Unless something sinister is going on.o_O

9. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    I have never shown ID to vote, course the lady that does our's is my wife's aunt and KNOWS it really me.

On the other hand two, maybe three times as I was growing up Id tag along with my parents to vote (different precinct). Two times that I vividly remember, maybe more, dad had already signed in and voted by the time we got there. It was always late in the day, had to wait for dad to get off work so we were always one of the last to show. I guess the election people figured they'd just go ahead and help out all the people that weren't gonna make it :D Dad raised all kinds of hell with the election people, called Frankfort two years in a row and raised hell with the state over it but nothing was ever done. In 2010 the Federales rolled in here and put on a real good show over election fraud/vote buying. They had election workers, candidates, current office holders, pretty much everybody that had anything to do with the election was caught up and there was big talk of Federal charges, prison time, huge fines, etc etc.......it just kinda faded away and was forgot about.

10. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Did he at least get any gravel for the driveway out of it?

11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Same here....I have my ID in hand when I walk up to the table, they take a look at it, find my name in the book and I sign by it. They are a bit behind on removing voters from the roll tho. Our youngest daughter who moved back to Indiana about 5 years ago but her name is still on the book and I tell them every election about it.

12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Naw we get blacktop these days, gravel is so out of style.

13. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I have to show my ID every time I vote. Lady calls me by name soon as I walk thru the door then ask for my ID.

if Hillary wins I will never vote again. Hell if she wins none of us may get chance to vote again.
    I have heard this every time a democrat wins. The best is I WILL MOVE OUT OF THE U.S.
    Havent seen the ones leave who have said it. NOT HILLARY FAN HERE!!!!!! But just pointing out it is said when they win. If Obama wins second time he will make a law to run for a THIRD. Where is the law??? It is just FUNNY to sit back and LISTEN TO BOTH SIDES. Plus I am NO TRUMP FAN EITHER.

14. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    Nope, just got a empty promise from the state that it would be fixed. I do remember an article in the paper not long ago, I guess it was 2010 election also, that the county road dept had bought and sent out more gravel the month leading up to the election that the 11 previous months COMBINED.

15. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I ran in a local race a few years ago. A gent I know said, "I voted for you, buddy!" I asked how, as he didn't live in my district. He swore he pulled the lever by my name. I called the Co Clerk, told him he had my name in the wrong precinct, and he said, "Oh, that wasn't supposed to happen!" I won, probably with a bunch of ineligible votes.