This isn't the first time.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by reivertom, Mar 19, 2020.

1. yote hunter, Meatstick and aaronc like this.
  2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Kung Flu?! LOL.

You had me at Kung Flu! LOL! Everybody was KungFlu Fighting....

3. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Just in,...per Fox News total deaths in US has hit a whopping 200 o_O,...........since this has started there have probably been 200 people slip on a banana peel and break their hip or neck,......

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Or our reaction to SARS and MERS. Both of those are novel coronaviruses. I think they keep referring to the Spanish Flu because there's no one alive who went through it. So they can trot out that comparison between Philadelphia and St. Louis and no one can question it.

Also, what the write up from the other forum describes about the virus mutating is exactly what the flu does and why you need a new flu shot each year.

People will have a long way to go to convince me that this is not all media over-hype because Trump is the president.

Nock, yote hunter, barney and 2 others like this.
  5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I think the underlying concern comes from the medical experts. This virus is largely unknown and they are learning on the fly. They know that this is a highly communicable and a very deadly disease. Other than that....they are trying to figure it out.

Ataulbe1, riverboss and cedar creek like this.
  6. They do? What’s the definition of “very deadly”?

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Well, I’d say 10% or higher mortality rate is pretty deadly. The mortality rate is fluid and can’t be perfectly ciphered. China’s stats are a farce. They don’t know how deadly this is. Another problem they are finding is that permanent lung damage is showing up. Almost 20% of lung capacity loss across all ages and across all severity of realized symptoms. They are also seeing mild to moderate cases show back up in the hospital weeks later with heart failure after they are deemed virus free. We can scoff all we want, but I’d say there is a reason justifying the response. I hope you guys are right and this is a historic over reaction, but from the doctors and medical personnel I’ve talked to....they are scared shitless.

Buzz151 likes this.
  8. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    It's Chicken Little shit, Ed.

9. The majority is sold that driving off the cliff is the only way and the rest of us are along for the ride like it or not. Buckle up the buttercups are at the wheel!

Munson and Meatstick like this.
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Ok.

Meatstick likes this.
  11. Ok.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  12. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    There are a few doctors I’ve been following on social media for a while. Some of them have been talking about the lung thing for the last day or two.
    Also, some of them are concerned about the kids on spring break who have been jammed together at the beaches and have now gone home. Apparently, young, healthy people can be symptom free, but transmit the virus to older, less healthy people. These doctors are concerned that things could get really bad when these people start having symptoms in a couple of weeks or so.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  13. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    According to fox news, after the testings performed today, the death rate in the US is now at 1.3%.

14. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    1.3% of confirmed cases. I'd bet a dollar to a dozen donuts, that there are 10X as many cases unnoticed as there are confirmed

yote hunter, aaronc, xbokilla and 5 others like this.
  15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    You mean predicting 1.3% I assume? I can’t imagine 1.3% of the population will die. I could be wrong but just very hard to imagine.

barney and 00noturkey like this.