This is what it's all about.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by standsitten, Sep 5, 2016.

1. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Attached is a better photo of the deer I took yesterday. The photo is what it's all about. I've been hunting for several years and this year I decided not to focus on the self inflicted pressure of a high score, but enjoying be out there. I've have been a youth pastor for 19 years and now I'm the Sr. Pastor at my church. I have seen and heard it all and I just feel blessed to be able to be out there. Yes I have taken bigger dear, but this was the first good looking velvet deer I've taken. And to top it off, my daughter wanted to go with me to get it out! I didn't even have to ask. She is a great kid, but dad has taken second place to the boy friends, school and cheerleading. It was great to have her with me! Don't ever take life or your family for granted, charish every moment you can with your family they could be gone in a second. Believe me I have seen it. This year will be the last year I can take her on the youth hunt. I don't know where the time has gone! Never neglect the blessings God has given us! Thanks for reading. Sorry so long.

Attached Files:

2. Thomas Heck

Thomas Heck 6 pointer

Mar 11, 2013
    Congrats appreciate the truthful words. May God bless you brother.

standsitten likes this.
  3. flattop35

flattop35 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2015
    Caldwell County
    First of all God bless you for accepting the call to the ministry. It's 100% the call from God to serve as a Senior Pastor of a Church and its for sure not for the money. If churches paid a Senior Pastor by the hour he would be paid well below the poverty level. I've served as a Deacon since the mid 90's along side several Pastors and Pastors are truly a blessing to their local communities. So, with that being said, God Bless you and Thank You!!

Now, Congrats on the nice buck!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    standsitten and bowmaddnes like this.
  4. Tman6493

Tman6493 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Congrats on a awesome trophy. Good memories outscore antlers every time

standsitten likes this.
  5. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    Congratulations on a nice deer and wonderful memories with the family! Been a Pastor for many years myself. I also enjoy being out there in his creation. Thanks for sharing.

standsitten likes this.
  6. bowmaddnes

bowmaddnes 8 pointer

Sep 15, 2011
    Western Ky
    Thank you for this post. Very true words and very awesome memories for you and your daughter.

standsitten likes this.
  7. revwilder

revwilder Spike

Aug 6, 2011
    Mt Vernon
    Great deer and great memories. Check out our website http://pastorsoutdoors.org just for Senior Pastors

Carpdaddy and standsitten like this.
  8. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    Great deer and even better story. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I feel like we've all got to watch your daughter grow up over the past few years with all the pictures and story's. You should be proud of yourself for the young woman she's become. Thanks for sharing.

standsitten likes this.
  9. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Great Story! Great memories and a great buck! Blessings upon Blessings! God is good!!

standsitten likes this.
  10. Gooch

Gooch 10 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    nice congrats

standsitten likes this.
  11. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    I will check it out. Thanks

12. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Congrats to you. Like your post. Very true words.

13. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    That is awesome!!!

14. Gioacchino

Gioacchino 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2016
    Kentucky
    Not sure which is better, the deer or the story. Congratulations!

15. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Well said , I too am a pastor and find the woods a great blessing . Memories are
    Hmmm how amazing is that, I'm the Pastor who recently won a crossbow from your organization. Didn't know you were on here !!