This is the biggest female python ever captured in the Everglades' Big Cypress, researchers say

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by EC, Apr 8, 2019.

1. KyHillyBilly

KyHillyBilly 6 pointer

Nov 25, 2013
    Just moved from an apartment to a rental home. Was outside this weekend getting the tiller and mower going. Noticed a couple of fire ants by the foundation. SMH

2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.

Cripes!! Where abouts is this??

3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    go to do my own pest control and get a bottle of termidor mix one oz to a gal of water and go around foundation of your home two or three times a year, you will have no ants in the house and very few if any around it.. you can apply it anywhere you might have ants [Do not use inside}. It does not kill on contact , the ants get it on them and take it home and wipe the whole colony out.. if I found a big fire ant nest I would disturb it then spay it, come back a few days later and no live ants but lots of dead ones

https://www.domyown.com/termidor-sc-p-184.html

4. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    My mother uses a mixture of borax, sugar and something else I can't think of. Just leave a trail around the house. They pack it back to the nest and kills em all.

5. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    I see WV is in the no section. Awesome ......Speaking of fire ants I was working on a drill rig in Alabama we dug a mud pond and mad an island to put the pump on me and another guy went to fill it up and got into a bunch of those rascals I haven't removed my clothes that fast since the prom

bondhu, bigbonner, JR in KY and 3 others like this.
  6. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I've seen a few people do the "fire ant strip tease" before. Fortunately I've never run into these little spawns of hell.

7. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 10 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
  8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Can't say I ever ran across any fire ants but there was some type of ant just north of Louisville in Indiana that built large mounds of what look like chewed up wood. I hung a stand in a pine tree while deer hunting there and that tree was full of ants that bit like heck. Didn't take me long to drop that stand and move.

9. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Now theres an idea. Every pill head in Florida would be roaming the Everglades looking for free money!