This is gonna hurt some Louisville folks

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by wprebeck, Dec 27, 2018.

1. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
  2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Just use em for floating blinds.

3. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 8 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    I’m confused. How is this going to hurt? Hurt when you slam into that motherlover at o’dark thirty?

How about making a PSA to make your fellow hunters aware of the current situation so they can avoid the hazard!

Or maintain the new era
    mentality of LEO’s thinking that everyone is a criminal.

4. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    You're normally on ignore, but I was curious.

Try reading the article, instead of being your usual self. You might actually learn something, like the fact that the Ohio is shut down to ALL traffic from Twelve Mile Island to the dam. That means anyone from southern Indiana or Louisville will have to go downriver, past the dam, to launch; else, they can go upriver to Westport. But, the vast majority of Louisville area hunters stay around Six Mile and points down river.

I may not have a river worthy boat, but I do know where they hunt at around here. Just like I know reading is fundamental, and comprehension of what one reads is important. You apparently failed that class, given your commentary.

As far as the LE comment - generally speaking, we don't think everyone is a criminal. Again, generally speaking, we tend to believe the world is full of idiots. Not only does your usual juvenile behavior provide supporting evidence of that belief, but statistics would show that approximately half of all people are of below average intelligence. Running off at the mouth without reading a linked article that explains the thread title would seem to provide evidence of the half to which you belong.

Have a safe day, as they say, and back to the ignore list.

adamky and Cape Hillian like this.
  5. Cape Hillian

Cape Hillian Spike

Jul 23, 2017
    Hendo
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamky likes this.
  6. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    I fish right below where those barges are hovering over the top of all the time. Absolute death trap right now. And if those barges dump their coal on the falls it will ruin a great fishery.

7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Article says 2 “may have” capsized. I don’t know how there would still be a question as to whether the barges capsized or not.

8. Blackdog85

Blackdog85 Spike

Oct 28, 2014
    If the barges are on the dam I'm not sure why such long section of river has be closed. Seems like major overkill. It also seems like they'd shut down a stretch below the dam too.

bearleft likes this.
  9. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Was wondering the same thing, why would you close upstream. Bowfish that area, when its clear you will see parts of barges & vehicles below the old wicketts

10. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    I assume didn’t want unnecessary boat wake pushing those barges over the falls. It’s about a 40’ drop during most conditions.

11. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Yea I can see barge traffic might make a wake approaching locks but sorta far fetched. 20 fters launching from Duffys or Coxs has no bearing. Guess their concern is some hapless duck hunter might run out of gas & help push a barge over wall. Even though during summertime that area is full of boaters & that never happens.

12. Marsh CallUser

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    So, are there any confirmed reports of Coal spilling?

13. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Not that I've heard. Just got a glimpse of it as we rode by on the way in to drop someone off. That's gonna be a lot of work. River is up high right now, flooding the great lawn. I imagine that's creating even more issues.

Hopefully they can get the barges cleared before:

A - they spill

and

B - serious cold weather gets here

Weather dude says cold front next week, and I doubt the barges will be out by then. Maybe they can lift restrictions to no traffic from Towhead into the locks before then. Twelve Mile Island seems a bit extreme...

14. Marsh CallUser

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    I don't know that area at all, so how many miles of the river is/are closed? I sure hope the coal doesn't spill.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  15. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    Heard on the radio that any coal that spills will not harm the environment because it’s natural and inert. I think that how they described it.