This Game Got Ugly Fast

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ky.longbeard, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I don't think Harrow is NBA material on his best day. I have a feeling he will transfer after the season. You just never know what is going on behind the scenes with the NBA and what these kids are being told. All of these freshmen are going to be in a strange position at the end of this season. It wouldn't bother me if Goodwin and Poythress come back, Harrow can go play for EKU. I think both those guys will develop better next year because Cal can use the bench as a motivator.

WCS is a mystery to me. I don't know what he should do, and I don't really care. We have some big time talent coming in, but it never hurts to have a full roster. Cal somewhat failed with the roster this season. They say he was REALLY banking on Teague coming back, but I also think he ran some potential PG's off because of his loyalty to Harrow, which was a mistake on a couple of levels.

2. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Kinda hoping a few of them stick around, would be nice to have some depth for a change but i don't think some of the players would like that because everyone wants to be the star standout.

3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I agree. Remember for 3-4 years in high school they were the "hero's" of their team and the entire "team play" was build around them. Now they are just another member of a team, something they have NEVER done before. Yes other young teams was able to get it together to one degree or another but it did not happen to this team.

4. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
  5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    With what games that we have left. Goodwin and Poythress can play themselves out of the draft if they continue to perfom the way they currently are.

6. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

I agree. They have the opportunity to perform, and prove themselves worthy of a trip to easy street...or simply a trip to the street.

7. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Thats a really cute story, but the facts would disagree with you on that. Plenty of freshmen have started for Louisville under Pitino, you don't realize it because Matt Jones said the opposite so you took his word for it.

8. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    On a side note, I saw where MKG said that he played Jordan one-on-one and Jordan, at age 50, won.

9. justwannafish

justwannafish 6 pointer

Mar 26, 2009
    louisville, ky
    What can be said about this team without Noel? Without him our defense is basically non-existent making it hard for transition scores. Half court game sucks against a good defensive/rebounding team. 6'10'' Wiltjer would rather stay behind the three point arc albeit he's good at it, but when your 2nd highest rebounder against Tenn. is 5'10'' Jared Polson, that shows theres a problem. Not to mention missed foul shots. The pro's? Supposed to be the best of the best, and i just don't see it out of this young team besides Noel who now has a setback. While some of the players have improved, alot of them look to be going backwards. U of K looked lost without their nucleus Noel and if they are going to fold against Tenn., how are they going to react in the pros. Not saying they are not capable, i just think they are not ready yet.