Thinking about buying a camper

Munson

12 pointer
Dec 24, 2011
Natural Bridge
I would ask if it's been parked in the dry or under a cover. Those rubber roofs can't take many years out in the weather unless recoated. They're a nightmare to remodel too, or the ones ive been involved with has.

I don't know of any other way than for sale by owner other than a RV dealer

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
The wife and I do a lot of camping each year, but the sleeping in a tent is starting to get rough on the bones...I'm looking for some opinions on getting one of the nicer pull-along campers...are they a money pit to own?
I have had a camper since ‘08. It’s an ‘03 model. We have had a lot of fun with it, but it seems to just sit In the barn a lot now. After spending a lot on maintenance this year ( farm machinery, not camper) I have decided to get rid of a lot of stuff that rarely gets used, this camper being one of them. I have an f-250 that rarely gets used as well. With reasonable care, campers are not expensive to keep, which is why I guess I have prolonged getting rid of it. Property tax and licensing for mine is minimal. Camper depreciate so fast, their taxable value is little. I never insured mine. It is covered under your truck insurance as long as it is hitched to it. Accident on road, your covered. Blows away while hitched to truck, covered, tree falls on it hitched to truck, covered. I value mine as about $5,000, to me not worth insuring. It’s a 25 foot travel trailer, about 4800#, easy enough to pull with a half ton truck. I’m downsizing, so not wanting to pull with my short bed half ton with v-6 2 wheel drive. If you are interested, pm me, and we can set up a time for you to come see it.

Regulator623

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2006
Eastern Kentucky
I have had a camper since ‘08. It’s an ‘03 model. We have had a lot of fun with it, but it seems to just sit In the barn a lot now. After spending a lot on maintenance this year ( farm machinery, not camper) I have decided to get rid of a lot of stuff that rarely gets used, this camper being one of them. I have an f-250 that rarely gets used as well. With reasonable care, campers are not expensive to keep, which is why I guess I have prolonged getting rid of it. Property tax and licensing for mine is minimal. Camper depreciate so fast, their taxable value is little. I never insured mine. It is covered under your truck insurance as long as it is hitched to it. Accident on road, your covered. Blows away while hitched to truck, covered, tree falls on it hitched to truck, covered. I value mine as about $5,000, to me not worth insuring. It’s a 25 foot travel trailer, about 4800#, easy enough to pull with a half ton truck. I’m downsizing, so not wanting to pull with my short bed half ton with v-6 2 wheel drive. If you are interested, pm me, and we can set up a time for you to come see it.

We ended up buying one late last fall...thanks though.

Bubbles

Banned
Oct 25, 2016
Screenshot_20191127-075308_Adblock Browser.jpg

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
I would like to have an 18 foot or a pop up camper. Anyone have a used camper for sale
You would have no issue with a pop up or a lightweight travel trailer under 20' as long as you install the proper hitch and trailer brakes.

Personally if it was just an occasional weekend thing I would go with a larger pop-up..

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
I’m thinking about buying one to stay in when I’m actually off the boat, I sold my place in Graham so have been staying in an old farm house on my off time. Thinking a 30-36’ pull behind, master bed room and bunk room.

bigredhunter

6 pointer
Jan 30, 2012
Boyle County
The campers have come a long way, and the current ones have many of the finest home luxuries. They also come with a high cost for all the gadgets. I have looked at a few, but it seems most people buy them and never use them as much as they thought they would.
I’m thinking about buying one to stay in when I’m actually off the boat, I sold my place in Graham so have been staying in an old farm house on my off time. Thinking a 30-36’ pull behind, master bed room and bunk room.

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
The campers have come a long way, and the current ones have many of the finest home luxuries. They also come with a high cost for all the gadgets. I have looked at a few, but it seems most people buy them and never use them as much as they thought they would.
I’ve been seeing that, $15-20k for a ‘17-19 model seems to be about the going rate. Buy it out right, no house payment / rent For the amount I’ll actually be home for the next couple years it’s reasonable, and if I actually ever have a date I won’t be ashamed to bring her over

Latest posts