Thieving junkies in broad daylight.

stevenvalleyagain

10 pointer
Aug 15, 2005
Valley station
A little background first. I live in Valley station and although there were meth heads throughout this part of town for years, the crime wasnt very bad. Fast forward 8 year to today. We have a house across the street with 6 adults and 3 or 4 kids living there. 2 of the adult men are registered sex offenders and 1 of the women is a crackhead prostitute. She is probably 40 years old, weighs 80 lbs and is just plain nasty.
This morning a little after 9 am, my wife and I are sitting on our front porch when she walks by with her little dog while she is tweeking. Shes runs up in my neighbors yard, grabs a bicycle and runs it as fast as she can into her back yard. My wife hollers at her and says, " I sure hope that bikes yours". Junky ignores her until she gets back to the street with her dog and starts talking about nosey neighbors. She stole that bike in broad daylight. Neighbor comes home 2 hours later and I tell him exactly what happens. He calls the cops, they show up but cant find the bike. I assume its because the junkies had 2 hours to hide it.
These people moved in about 3 years ago. We had NEVER had anything stolen in the 5 years here before they moved in. In the last 3 years, my wifes car has been broken into 8 or 9 times now. Does anyone know anything about public nuisance laws? These junkies need to go before I catch one breaking into my stuff and kill one of them. Any ideas?

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
I'd let them know, face to face, that you'll blow their heads off if you catch them on your property stealing stuff.

Yeah, it's technically terroristic threatening, but are the junkies really going to call the police?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenvalleyagain

10 pointer
Aug 15, 2005
Valley station
Neighbor did tell the police that the bike is missing. Police couldnt find the bike and just left. No bike=no proof apparently.
Years ago I had a blower and trimmer stolen off my mowing trailer in the middle of the night while living somewhere else. I filed a police report. A little while later, maybe 4 or 5 days, I found out who stole them. Punk 16 year old kid was bragging about stealing them. I called police back, they came out and took an ammended report in which I gave them the kids name, address, phone number, date of birth...all of it and was told a detective would be in touch. 2 months I believe went by before I called the detective wanting to know what was going on with my stuff and this kid. His words to me were" we arent going to spend time chasing a thief". I did all the detective work for him but still NOTHING was done. In retrospect, I should have just gotten my 17 year old monster of a cousin to stomp him but I chose the legal route.

stevenvalleyagain

10 pointer
Aug 15, 2005
Valley station
I would love to move and get out of louisville but its just not financially feasible right now for us. So, Im looking at security cameras and going to go ahead and scrape up the money to get wife her concealed carry license. Dixie hwy corridor has become an absolute cesspool of junkies, prostitutes and other criminals.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I would love to move and get out of louisville but its just not financially feasible right now for us. So, Im looking at security cameras and going to go ahead and scrape up the money to get wife her concealed carry license. Dixie hwy corridor has become an absolute cesspool of junkies, prostitutes and other criminals.
I understand. Not to mention the problem is pretty much state wide and it doesn't matter where you live. We've got to do something about these zombies walking around looking to prey on the rest of society in order to get their next fix. It's time we take some drastic measures to get rid of these people or end the problem one way or another.

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
Neighbor did tell the police that the bike is missing. Police couldnt find the bike and just left. No bike=no proof apparently.
Years ago I had a blower and trimmer stolen off my mowing trailer in the middle of the night while living somewhere else. I filed a police report. A little while later, maybe 4 or 5 days, I found out who stole them. Punk 16 year old kid was bragging about stealing them. I called police back, they came out and took an ammended report in which I gave them the kids name, address, phone number, date of birth...all of it and was told a detective would be in touch. 2 months I believe went by before I called the detective wanting to know what was going on with my stuff and this kid. His words to me were" we arent going to spend time chasing a thief". I did all the detective work for him but still NOTHING was done. In retrospect, I should have just gotten my 17 year old monster of a cousin to stomp him but I chose the legal route.

I've found telling the police that you'll just take care of the problem yourself, and then hanging up, usually gets a fairly quick response.

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
Unfortunately the lawyers running this state have a soft spot in their heart for junkies, and now if you catch one red handed, they don't even take them to jail. Unless they break into your home where you live, all the police can do is write them a ticket and turn them loose. God forbid you should shoot one of the scumbags breaking into an outbuilding or garage. You would be the one in trouble. My BIL is a cop and stays disgusted with the court's continuing system of coddling these trash. I think it is time for you to find a better neighborhood if at all possible. Until the people of KY get fed up, it is only going to get worse.

Dev

10 pointer
Jan 3, 2005
Den tree in Northern KY
Your neighbor should call and request a supervisor at the police dept. They can and should do a report for stolen property. Now they can't go arrest them today but the victim can take a police report to the county attorneys office and file a criminal complaint. You should write a witness statement, as should your wife, to the facts you stated in the OP. You'd have to testify if it ever went to trial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
Your neighbor should call and request a supervisor at the police dept. They can and should do a report for stolen property. Now they can't go arrest them today but the victim can take a police report to the county attorneys office and file a criminal complaint. You should write a witness statement, as should your wife, to the facts you stated in the OP. You'd have to testify if it ever went to trial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'd do all this, but also what I stated previously. I personally wouldn't go anywhere on my property without carrying, and I'd make sure the junkies know it.

They may be a lot of things, but they're probably pretty observant. They likely know they can get away with petty theft, and will exploit it, until the police, or you, convince them it's not a good idea. I'd prefer it be the police, but making idiot neighbors believe your just crazy enough to prevent them from doing so is probably going to be the only thing that stops it.

Is this by chance a rental property?

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Unfortunately the lawyers running this state have a soft spot in their heart for junkies, and now if you catch one red handed, they don't even take them to jail. Unless they break into your home where you live, all the police can do is write them a ticket and turn them loose. God forbid you should shoot one of the scumbags breaking into an outbuilding or garage. You would be the one in trouble. My BIL is a cop and stays disgusted with the court's continuing system of coddling these trash. I think it is time for you to find a better neighborhood if at all possible. Until the people of KY get fed up, it is only going to get worse.

This is the biggest issue and the reason why some public schools have gotten worse. Court system just gives them a smack on the wrist. For example, you take a kid who has terrible attendance and when he/she does come to school all they do is cause problems. Administration will do their job and file truancy and the courts will sentence them to school regardless of their behavior. What you end up with is a juvenile delinquent that the school cant do anything with because the court is too worried about them being out on the street. Court had rather have them raising h$ll at school than elsewhere which takes away from the ones who are there for the right reasons. It's a lose-lose cycle. Ky schools are funded based on average daily attendance so we chase these idiots down. It's not just junkies that get a break.

Last edited:

grouseguy

12 pointer
Dec 9, 2001
Phillips, WI / Grayson, KY
This is the biggest issue and the reason why some public schools have gotten worse. Court system just gives them a smack on the wrist. For example, you take a kid who has terrible attendance and when he/she does come to school all they do is cause problems. Administration will do their job and file truancy and the courts will sentence them to school regardless of their behavior. What you end up with is a juvenile delinquent that the school cant do anything with because the court is too worried about them being out on the street. Court had rather have them raising h$ll at school than elsewhere which takes away from the ones who are there for the right reasons. It's a lose-lose cycle. Ky schools are funded based on average daily attendance so we chase these idiots down. It's not just junkies that get a break.

I agree.

However, we're at a point where we can't afford to incarcerate more people. I'm almost for complete legalization and let natural selection take care of a lot of the problems.

Latest posts