Thieves

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Dreamhunter, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    well had the first low life steal one of my cams this year,man it's a shame people will do you this way I know when you put one out I am taking that chance but goodness why can't people be respectful and this spot is were my wife hunts I do beleave in carma maybe it will come back to them ten fold I hope.just wanted to talk to the brotherhood here thanks guys good luck this year.

2. childersb24

childersb24 8 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    I have had one stolen to and it sucks out loud. I wish very bad things on theifs.

3. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    I've had one stolen before too. Lowlifes!

4. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    I like to put some razor blades some way on them when they unhook it they slice there thieveing fingers to the bone .

childersb24 likes this.
  5. BucksnBeards3

BucksnBeards3 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2014
    edmonson county
    I like dreamhunter's idea. That would serve them right and maybe make them think twice about it. I've had a cam and a stand stolen from me.

6. xilk123

xilk123 8 pointer

Oct 7, 2011
    clay co
    Went to check my camera yesterday and it was also gone, been on the same tree on private land for 5 years, luck finally ran out. A week before season.

7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Hate to hear this. Been very lucky where I hunt so far.

8. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Sorry to hear about the losses. One of the guys who hunts with me lost a real nice feeder and camera a few years back. We hauled the feeder out to where it was set up with a tractor - it wasn't that heavy when empty, but it was quite bulky - it would have taken at least three guys to have carried everything out. (We didn't see any vehicle tracks.) And it was back a dirt road about 3/4 of a mile. I can't believe the low-lifes would work this hard to steal something that probably didn't get them $50 from a pawn shop somewhere.

My regret is not having another camera hidden along the dirt road to capture photos of the a..h...s. who took the gear. But then, the law probably wouldn't have done anything even if we had photographic evidence.

9. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    I took a guy's camera a couple weeks ago. He had crossed the property fence and put the camera looking at a pond about 40 ft onto our farm. The entire pond is on our property. Funny thing is I already had a camera looking at the pond and he walked right in front of the camera and I'm almost certain he saw my camera and he still put a camera two trees over. I started to just take his camera down and lay it at the base of the tree but we've already seen these guys sneak in and turkey hunt on us before so I figured they should at least have to call me to get it back. One of them has my number.

10. LoneArrow

LoneArrow 6 pointer

Jul 21, 2016
    Scott County
    Some people never learn though.

11. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Call your local CO or the sheriff. You have a picture of him on your property.

12. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I had two cameras taken last year. I'm pretty sure they were taken by the sons of the free loader living for free in my BIL's farmhouse, but no proof. The boys are always in trouble at school, and are known trouble makers. I have a camera back on the same tree this year, with another camera about 18' up a tree focused on the trail camera.

13. rum3002576

rum3002576 6 pointer

Dec 29, 2014
    Wayne County
    i have had them stolen before but also have had bears take them off tree and took me quite awhile to find the camera. i had one about 75 yards from the tree last year.

14. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    I had a blind stolen one year during the spring ,set it up to turkey hunt went in the first morning and no blind. Have had two loc ons and 20 foot sticks stolen that were chained and locked to the tree. They were kind enough to leave my cut lock at the base of the tree though. Had two cameras stolen as well in the past. All on "private" land too and 3 different farms.

15. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    Had 2 camras stolen both in the same holler i just quit hangin cameras there .
    I always brush my cameras in now i think it helps .