Thieves are among us

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Nimrod, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Fawn

Nov 3, 2008
    Irvine
    Last night I hung my treestand around dark,and I hung around scouting a little bit,and it was almost dark when I left. Snuck in this morning and found my treestand gone:mad:. People have lost all morals about themselves,and I believe the sad thing is,that,they are the least likely person that you or I would ever expect. Us deer hunters goto the woods to get away from the rat race we have created only to find out that the place you used to relax and nap has also became a battle ground. So ladies and gens have a good hunt this weekend,be safe and MAY GOD BLESS. As for the THEIVES THAT ARE AMONG US we may never find out who you are,and may never lay eyes on you,but rest asure my HEAVENLY FATHER:rolleyes: knows you,your name and also what you are thinking right now.So THEIF rest if you can they will come a day when you will have to answer for all your dirty deads:cool:.

2. Lost_in_the_woods

Lost_in_the_woods 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2008
    graves county
    I find it pathetic that people have to go steal someones stand to sell it or hunt out of it whatever....if they are hunting out of it, i know times are tuff but can always find a cheap used old stand somewhere...i bought my first climber for 25 off a buddy....was solid metal and weighed a ton but it did its job til i had the cash to buy a nice one

3. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    sorry to hear that... there isn't anything worse than a thief especially in hard times like these...

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Fawn

Nov 3, 2008
    Irvine
    Good morning guys thanks for the thoughts,but I really think that it has got to do with a double main beam buck that uses the gap in the cliff on my wifes uncles place.I am getting the vibe that they don't want me around.I have permission and they don't.

5. Luckybuck

Luckybuck 10 pointer

May 29, 2006
    N. KY
    Good luck, I kill about as many off the ground as I do from a tree. Have a safe hunt, keep your spirits high and I guarantee you will have a good day deer or no deer! :)

6. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    And times being what they are will only make it worse:(

7. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    That stinks!! They probably were watching you put it on the tree. Its a shame that there are those among us that have no moral value's.

8. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Just asking the question, but are you sure you weren't just looking in the wrong place? I mean you were out there until dark and probably went back in looking for it in dim light.

9. I agree with you completely. I have had cameras and stands stolen.

10. bowhunter87

bowhunter87 6 pointer

Sep 4, 2009
    Warren co
    I agree 110% and you can't help a theif.

11. stinkworm

stinkworm 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2008
    Jonesville VA
    Sorry to hear about your stand. Get in there and kill that big boy from the ground and rub it their faces!!! When you field dress him, save his jewels and place them in their mail box.:D

12. thunderchicken09

thunderchicken09 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Alright, some of you all got mad when i said this earlyer this season, but i dont care anymore. I hope who ever stole your stand falls out of it. I hate thieves, they are a waste of space.

13. MARINE

MARINE Spike

Nov 6, 2009
    Harlan County
    I wish we could soley place the blame on some worthless, granola eating, hippie, ANTIs like PETA or HSUS...that would be an easy target for us to focus our anger...but the truly sad and pathetic thing is that it most likely is unethical hunters....well unethical, imoral humans for that matter...I swear I was born in the wrong generation...I'm sure a man wouldn't have to worry about things like this...at least not at this frequency back when our fathers were children...American society is going to he!! in a hand basket...

I'm glad I'm able to hunt on a Marine base the majority of the time...most people there understand ethics and the golden rule!