There oughta' be a LAW!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KYote-Krusher, Apr 4, 2021.

1. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
  2. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    I think all of us hoarders of ammo should donate a box a piece to folks of Chicago.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Pitiful really. One of greatest and most legendary cities...Heck, I’d rather visit Mexico City!

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  4. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    The only way Chicago gets cleaned up is by several...and I mean many Bronson-esque vigilantes who are just fed up with it.

If about 50 of them were allowed to take care of business for 6 months while the law looked the other way, it could become habitable again...maybe.

Junglekat, bassvax and riverboss like this.
  5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    [​IMG]

Here's the problem.
    I had Hope joebiden would pick her for a VP running mate.
    A Vile looking woman.

Feedman, Junglekat, High Rack and 2 others like this.
  6. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Lived just south of Chicago in 1965 and '66 ... on weekends I'd get a date and head to Rush Street on the near north side of downtown Chicago ... it was about as much fun as you could have ANYWHERE, with your clothes on. Great entertainers were always performing there and the last thing in the world you had to worry about was being mugged or car-jacked. Hell ... the cops were the only ones that'd bother you and $20.00 took care of that if you got stopped.

Barry Manilow, Aretha Franklin, Richard Pryor and on and on were all there at one time or another; my favorite was Buddy Rich and his Orchestra, man could they rock the house! They'd have to push us out the doors at 3 or 4 AM when they closed.

Now ... I'd be afraid to walk up Rush Street at noon with a machine gun mounted on a push cart. Politicians, drug lords and the mob, in some form or another, have replaced the good ol days and "healthy" living. It truly is a crying shame. :(

Carl and xbokilla like this.
  7. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I’m on board to hate on Chicago government as much as the next guy but don’t think for a minute that Chicago is all crime ridden. The metro city is 4 times the size of Louisville and has 4x the population. Most folks understand that parts of Louisville are crime ridden while other parts are safe

Wife is originally from there, father in law was retired PD and brother in law is a LT on the PD now. Chicago has pockets of. Very very dense crime and larger areas that are completely safe. Neighborhood where my wife grew up was (and still is) mostly cops and firefighters homes, nearly zero crime. But there are two districts, one black and one Hispanic that record something like 70% of all the violent crime for the city.

If you really wanted to fix the crime problem, wall off those areas and throw them alcohol and bullets and nothing else. The housing complex called Cabrini Green is torn down now (south side) but when my father in law gave me a tour many years ago, he said standing policy at that time as no entry by police, fire, or ems until 30 minutes after the last gunshot Was heard.

8. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Killing killers and shooters will make a difference in all cities

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Caprini Green is a “high end hipster” regentrified snobville now, is it not?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Crime tends to happen in certain places for sure....but sometimes it happens in your neck of the woods too. I try to take a wide berth of those places. Why get close if you don’t have to?

JR in KY likes this.
  11. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice.

My brother left after dinner this Eve for that God forsaken place. They are going for a game at Wriggly Field, he's a Cop so he will be packing when not on the grounds, he took extra Mags on the trip.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  12. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

I worked for the construction company that built Cabrini Green. Never worked on it myself but knew a lot of people that did and they all had horror stories about working there and the caliber of people that were being placed in those low rent high rises.

The most common was how the buildings were being destroyed as fast as they could get them built. One guy I knew was the Ironworker General Foreman and he told me that the elevator floors had to be replaced in the first building before the second one was completed because of people pissing and crapping in them to the point that they were corroded beyond safety. Stories about wiring being ripped out of the walls to sell for scrap and people breaking holes through the walls so they wouldn't have to go out in the hallways to get to a different apartment were common.

It was a Hell Hole from Day One.

13. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    This photo represents the the root of all evil in this country. We should have picked our own dam cotton. :mad:

14. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    That Bitch don't even pick her own nose, she has people for that.

Carl likes this.
  15. perrymax

perrymax 10 pointer

Jun 6, 2002
    Bullitt Co, Ky.
    [​IMG]

PUBLIC RAT, Munson, Feedman and 3 others like this.