The Ultimate tracking critter

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Duster, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

The fox but the gal was one of my archery club buddy's wife and to tell the truth not that good looking.. o_O

bondhu likes this.
  2. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Yup, some of em are real stars. I know most of the local restaurant owners that's moved here and reside here. There okay for the most part and can speak the OOS hipster lingo. That's where I got my info about the hound.. to little to late tho. I'd like nothing more than to hang him from the collar he took off my dog.

bondhu likes this.
  3. shaman

shaman 10 pointer

I've noticed most boxers seem to be chick-friendly. I don't know why, but the few rabid boxer owners I've known were all women. I don't know anyone that breeds boxers for the job for which they were intended. Most boar hounds I've seen have been pit bull crosses.

When you see a square-snouted breed like that, you can usually be sure the original intent was to breed them to latch onto game and hold on.

As to this idea of training a deer-tracker, I'm convinced that if you could find a pretty good fit with going to the pound and rescuing a dog that had an strong beagle influence. My Lily was a beagle/lab mix. She had the nose of a beagle, the instincts of a beagle, and a Lab's confirmation and mindset. Her only faults in the field were
    a) She was prone to rolling in whatever nasty muck she could find.
    b) If she got bored with what you were doing, she'd go home and wait for you. You had keep hunting or hiking or whatever. Sitting down was not an option.

kyhunter99 likes this.