The SOS is getting old. How about a picture thread?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Carl, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
  2. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    lolol,...you d@mn skippy.

Carl and barney like this.
  3. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Thursday evening Arkansas.

3B02993E-6AFD-4ADE-8597-218842D17EE7.jpeg

1wildcatfan, Carl, xbokilla and 7 others like this.
  4. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    My work view is better than yours EAC22C42-D3A8-4186-B7DF-2A8BCF1A5689.jpeg A3B486FF-A55E-4601-A44A-1233BB0C2344.jpeg

5. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Eye candy for old men. I made this video 6 years ago.

6. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Carl, you go boy your on a video roll!

Carl likes this.
  7. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    At your age no way on earth that video does anything for u lol. All jokes aside, 2 thumbs up!

Carl likes this.
  8. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Two thumbs up Carl. Thread of the year. Funny thing I’m watching this and the wife asks”what you watching”. I say” just a video on my hunting site”. Lol.

supergoat80, Carl, Nock and 2 others like this.
  9. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Yeah me too, I was all smiles look up the wife was looking at me,. I said these guys are funny

Feedman, Carl, bondhu and 3 others like this.
  10. skruske

skruske Spike

Oct 6, 2018
    Halfway USA
    I'm back from deer hunting, here are just a couple pics to get you a flavor of hunting in the far western U.P. near the Porcupine Mountain a few miles south of Lake Superior.

First off, the main logging road I ride in on was washed out over a stream about 200yds from the old county road. A beaver dam gave way in this past Spring during heavy rain. I didn't even bother unloading the 4 wheeler on opening day. I just walked in the 2 or so miles to where I wanted to start to hunt. I covered 4-6 miles a day while hunting on top of the walk in & out.

I knew there was a decent buck around the area I was hunting as it is prime country. Cover, water, terrain and most importantly, doe travel through it.

[​IMG]

I did have something fun & unusual happen. I was slow walking up a hill when I saw movement above me about 80yds. It was in the big hardwoods but it was behind a cluster of trees. I edged closer as it put it's head down to feed in the acorns. I got within 40yds in the quiet snow before the young doe turned & looked down at me. It turned around as I stood still but didn't run off. After a few minutes of it bobbing it's head to get me to move, I raised up my leg & dropped it back down mimicking the behavior I'd seen doe do in the past. I'll be darned, the young one was began walking down the slope toward me. It was not alarmed as I raised my leg & dropped it again. After a few minutes it was within 15yds.

[​IMG]

It took maybe 10 minutes before it moved off, continuing to my left. I moved further up the hill in search of more. About 10 minutes later I did see 3 more. Those were doe too. Later in the afternoon I passed up a shot on a 4 point I had in the crosshairs.

Next day was a bit breezy & the deer were laying down and difficult to approach. Slow walking was the plan. I did see 5 that day but no horns were displayed.

Thrill of the day, seeing this rather fresh wolf track. It was among the biggest I've seen & was likely only about 2-3 hours old. I laid a 30-06 round in the track to give you an idea of size.

[​IMG]

It was a good week for the most part. My hunt was cut short as I had to leave the woods to handle the affairs of my old hunting partner. He's now 86 & was hospitalized again. Despite him telling me to stay & hunt, I am obligated to secure his home & property as his power of attorney. The trip home was uneventful, though it was slow going on the Mackinaw Bridge because of cross winds & gusts.

11. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    You gonna keep going UP there messing around and a Wolf is going to eat you for lunch.

bondhu, Dark Cloud, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  12. skruske

skruske Spike

Oct 6, 2018
    Halfway USA
    JR in KY said:
    "You gonna keep going UP there messing around and a Wolf is going to eat you for lunch."

I appreciate your concern. I presume you'll want to come along on the next trip so's you can protect me. I expect you to protect the hell out of me when we see another one. That'll clear one off your bucket list too!

There's room in the camper & I won't even make you sleep with Eva. Bring your cold weather gear as it may get a little cool. :D

bondhu, Feedman, Carl and 2 others like this.
  13. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
  14. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky