The Rut is here

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by macintrigg, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Joe Bryan

Joe Bryan 8 pointer

Jul 4, 2006
    Nelson County
    Guys and gals don't let the warmer temps the next few days turn you away from being on stand. It's November... I recall a hunt at LBL several years ago this same time frame. It was 80 degrees that afternoon! I was in the stand in short sleeve shirt. It was 2 hrs before dark and a doe came running in with a mid 130's 8 pt on her tail! I wasn't able to connect on him but when she's ready, he is willing and able! Remember the 3 "P's"
    1: Patience
    2: Persistance
    3: Perseverance

2. Trophyspike

Trophyspike Spike

Feb 24, 2015
    Cave City

3. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    A few years ago I seen about a 4.5 year old 130-140 class 8pt bust into a bedding area grunting like crazy pushing a doe. It was about 4 in the evening and about 75 degrees. I took a shot but missed clean. When the rut is ramping up or in your best best is to sit all day. You never know what could happen. I had 0 pics of that buck and had no clue he was even in the area.

4. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Just my thoughts,moon phase,temps,cloudy overcast,barometric pressure,slight breeze.maybe even a early morning skiff of snow.
    If the weather forecast holds for this day,its just dam near ideal conditions for rutting deer
    to be on their feet moving.

Genesis 27:3 likes this.
  5. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I vote that everybody that questions hunting all day should simply quit around 8:30 am....dont worry about it....you ain't missing a thing ,....fire your quad up...go eat a hot breakfast somewhere and sleep off the hangover....or play some cards or whatever the case may be.

6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I don’t question hunting all day, I question my ability to make it all day. I gotta get some comfier stands. Sat for about 4 hours Saturday afternoon and felt like I was paralyzed. Had a car accident couple years ago and my back has never been the same. Plus being a big guy doesn’t help. Midday can be good tho. I like midday hunts more late season than I do the rut.

7. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Too early for all day sits

8. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    The 1st week of November and the rut is here, surely that can't be possible, I mean I'm in my 41st year of deer hunting and it's happened every year in November, what are the odds?

xbokilla and JDMiller like this.
  9. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    It’s a great conversation topic !! Get in the stand every moment possible through Friday evening (bow hunters). More mature bucks will be killed this week since the 1st week of archery season.

xbokilla likes this.
  10. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    Was hitting good tonight, saw a nice one running does in bean field, it’s here

11. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    U can't go wrong with all day sits if your comfy. Depending on where u are I'm happy just being in the woods all day especially in gun season ill go take a nap on north facing bank always thinking the rustled leaves of a buck chasing would wake me up.
    Its like poker in november all you need is a chip and a chair and you have a chance.
    The old saying holds true " you can't kill em from the couch"
    I still sometimes in the middle of season need some down time from hunting and will go back to camp and hang out threw midday just to tell some monster buck stories and get fired up again.

xbokilla likes this.
  12. hondo1892

hondo1892 6 pointer

Dec 20, 2014
    North of Lake Cumberland
    I aint seen one road kill yet this year which aint normal here in Casey county. I haven't seen any bucks out chasing does either but have had a couple of bucks on camera that I hadn't seen before.

13. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    Was sent 2 different videos last night of bucks breeding does in central Ky. I think it’s time.

14. LakeX

LakeX Fawn

Mar 20, 2012
    Yeah Sunday I watched a small buck chase does. Then an 8 point came through he was not interested at all. I have two places I’m hunting both totally full of acorns . One spot they tear it up the other they don’t touch.

15. hunter40502

hunter40502 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2014
    Washington County
    I’ve never seen the woods this quiet the first week of November. Not once.