The professor

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bgkyarcher, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    I have an odd desire to make 100% of my meat wild game or processed by myself. To do so, i need to up my fishing game. Deer, rabbit, and turkey with a home-processed hog should do it. Would like to add veggies but my ground sucks and i dont know what the hell i am doing. Also dont have time to babysit a garden

barney likes this.
  2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    We need to camp on Barren next June and slay some cats on noodles and trotlines one weekend...........

RLWEBB and Bubbles like this.
  3. bstickin1

bstickin1 8 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    In my experiences it's a whole lot easier to scratch that itch in a place with a lot of deer and no corn as a place with a few deer and a big corn pile.

carnivore and barney like this.
  4. 1wildcat1

1wildcat1 Fawn

Aug 4, 2018
    Kentucky
    Its snide comments like this that are common from you. It must make you feel really good to go on various guided trips then shoot deer that someone else put you on. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. To each his own, if hunting over corn is legal don't need your insulting opinion.

dirtstalker likes this.
  5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Let it go. I have.

barney likes this.
  6. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    Always the voice of reason

barney likes this.
  7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Shoot fire ,we were excited if someone said they seen a track

barney likes this.
  8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Congrats to the professor on his first deer. He’ll never forget it. And good in you BG for mentoring him. Is he family or a friend? As far as corn goes, I’ve never hunted over bait but I have no problem with it. If it’s legal I say go for it.

9. hoene

hoene 10 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Congrats to the Professor and Bgkyarcher

10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    He is the son of close friends.

Dark Cloud and RLWEBB like this.
  11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I try to be. Sometimes those roots can’t be controlled

12. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Good on you BG!!

13. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Good job bg and dw professor. Congrats. there’s always gonna be almightys on forums.

14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Took a little scouting trip today. Skirted through the little woods that we had so many good bucks in earlier in the season. We haven't been in there since late September. Pulled the card, no big bucks, but several 2.5 year olds. No corn, they are just cruising through this little 3-4 acre woodlot travelling to and from a large hardwoods. There may not be any pics of him, but there is a bruiser using the hell out of it. There are three very fresh rubs on trees I can't put my hands around. Shredded those cedars. Two scrapes that appeared to be made this morning. I setup a quick little hiding spot for the professor in the morning, and marked him a trail in there. He's well hidden, and can see the whole woodlot. I'd sure love to see him score on a buck. The kicker is there are three 17 year olds hunting that large hardwood. It's 70-80 acres. My BIL said last weekend, they drove right up to the woods and parked. I told the professor to get in there and get situated early in the morning. I'm hoping those kids push a good buck his way. If he is already seated, they should mill around in the woods. Fingers crossed. I hunted tonight and didn't even see a squirrel. Pulled the card on the way out, and that good 8 didn't show last night until 4:30 this morning, and was headed back... Hope I didn't disturb him yesterday. I'm hunting a different stand in the morning. Good luck to all!

OLE RASPY likes this.
  15. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    BG,I think most regulars on here have kept up with you and the professor this season. At least I have. I just want to say thanks for taking the time to share the hunting experience with him. I think more young people need to be involved in the outdoors. Good thing you have done and I tip my hat to you. Now you gotta put him on a buck lol.

jblack1 and dirtstalker like this.