The professor

Bubbles

Banned
Oct 25, 2016
I have an odd desire to make 100% of my meat wild game or processed by myself. To do so, i need to up my fishing game. Deer, rabbit, and turkey with a home-processed hog should do it. Would like to add veggies but my ground sucks and i dont know what the hell i am doing. Also dont have time to babysit a garden

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I have an odd desire to make 100% of my meat wild game or processed by myself. To do so, i need to up my fishing game. Deer, rabbit, and turkey with a home-processed hog should do it. Would like to add veggies but my ground sucks and i dont know what the hell i am doing. Also dont have time to babysit a garden
We need to camp on Barren next June and slay some cats on noodles and trotlines one weekend...........

1wildcat1

Fawn
Aug 4, 2018
Kentucky
Its snide comments like this that are common from you. It must make you feel really good to go on various guided trips then shoot deer that someone else put you on. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. To each his own, if hunting over corn is legal don't need your insulting opinion.

Putting out a bag of corn is not "putting in the work", heck its not even hunting, just shooting. I've been hunting (still) most mornings and shooting (over feeder) in the afternoons. Taught my boys theres a big difference in hunting and shooting. Call it what it is.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Its snide comments like this that are common from you. It must make you feel really good to go on various guided trips then shoot deer that someone else put you on. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. To each his own, if hunting over corn is legal don't need your insulting opinion.
Let it go. I have.

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
I remember hunting deer for several years without seeing one as well. I had plenty of determination and I loved the challenge. It was always exciting back then to find a big set of tracks. I remember finding my first moderately worn trail around a bench at the top of a mountain, I couldn't sleep for a week because of the anxiety!
Shoot fire ,we were excited if someone said they seen a track

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
Congrats to the professor on his first deer. He’ll never forget it. And good in you BG for mentoring him. Is he family or a friend? As far as corn goes, I’ve never hunted over bait but I have no problem with it. If it’s legal I say go for it.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Took a little scouting trip today. Skirted through the little woods that we had so many good bucks in earlier in the season. We haven't been in there since late September. Pulled the card, no big bucks, but several 2.5 year olds. No corn, they are just cruising through this little 3-4 acre woodlot travelling to and from a large hardwoods. There may not be any pics of him, but there is a bruiser using the hell out of it. There are three very fresh rubs on trees I can't put my hands around. Shredded those cedars. Two scrapes that appeared to be made this morning. I setup a quick little hiding spot for the professor in the morning, and marked him a trail in there. He's well hidden, and can see the whole woodlot. I'd sure love to see him score on a buck. The kicker is there are three 17 year olds hunting that large hardwood. It's 70-80 acres. My BIL said last weekend, they drove right up to the woods and parked. I told the professor to get in there and get situated early in the morning. I'm hoping those kids push a good buck his way. If he is already seated, they should mill around in the woods. Fingers crossed. I hunted tonight and didn't even see a squirrel. Pulled the card on the way out, and that good 8 didn't show last night until 4:30 this morning, and was headed back... Hope I didn't disturb him yesterday. I'm hunting a different stand in the morning. Good luck to all!

littlebear

12 pointer
Aug 21, 2007
the woods
BG,I think most regulars on here have kept up with you and the professor this season. At least I have. I just want to say thanks for taking the time to share the hunting experience with him. I think more young people need to be involved in the outdoors. Good thing you have done and I tip my hat to you. Now you gotta put him on a buck lol.

Latest posts