The post anything thread

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Carl, Jun 15, 2021.

1. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Saw two huge yellow butterflies interacting within the air, for maybe ten seconds earlier this morning. It was as if they were either kissing or fighting. Just saw two more doing the same. I have seen many of them this fall and don't recall previously seeing them last year. It seems that via the link they are migrating south.

https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/p...f-the-month/cloudless-sulphur-butterfly.shtml

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Carl, Feedman and Marsh CallUser like this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Still attempting to learn whether these big yellow butterflies are fighting mid-air with one another at times. I do recall that a user here made mention long ago, stating that he was potentially interested in creating a butterfly garden, for one of his female elders, being that she had expressed an interest in such. This is a well written article out of Georgia about their migrations and more, including their preferred flowers.

https://georgiawildlife.com/out-my-backdoor-cloudless-sulphurs-falls-most-overlooked-migrant

4. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Huge western conifer seed bug flew into my hummer garden not long ago, landing upon my favorite clay planter. Wondered whether it might also eat stink bugs; so, I began an experiment, quickly grabbing a few and placing them there, as well. I ended up inadvertently startling it, and it dropped down into one of my begonias or through the wooden deck slats.

Big yellows continue migrating southward today.

5. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    thats not that Irish chick, who quit singing, because she wanted to voice her opinion?? :rolleyes:

Carl likes this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    No idea why a school bus would be flying into the subdivision with white lights flashing at 6:25am, but one just did so. That's way too early for any kiddies, in my opinion, because they require their rest and a good breakfast.

7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    6:25am. There goes that school bus again. I rarely rode the bus but know that when I did, it most certainly wasn't at this hour. Ridiculous!

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    I saw an upcoming low of a frigid 42°F within the next few days (edit: Saturday night). I doubt that I will be sitting out here patiently awaiting my hummerbirds, then. Too cold for my likes...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 6:40 AM
  9. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South

Well, THAT wasn't what I was Trying to post. But this one is interesting too.
    Looks like Burger King is a good spot for a lot of things.

Carl, Nock, bigbonner and 3 others like this.
  10. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Home if the Whopper!!!

Carl and barney like this.
  11. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Wonder if buy one get one free?

Carl, Feedman, JR in KY and 1 other person like this.