The Keystone Loss

Discussion in 'Politics' started by davers, Feb 22, 2021.

1. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    This whole thing stinks of kickbacks. Somebody with a lot of pull wants to haul it in trucks. Also part of it could be the Democrats want the road taxes paid by truckers. Anybody that thinks the Democrats want to do what's best for the country is fooling themselves.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  2. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    I know your talking about a 1 ton truck But those big engines hauling tankers is the problem

3. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky

I’ve also done a little investing in electric vehicle companies geared towards converting tractor trailer chassis into electric hybrid power source. XL fleet will take your old coal burner out replace it with their hybrid drivetrain . The change is coming slowly but surely. In an interview recently Tesla founder Elon revealed that Apple will start producing electronic cars in the somewhat near future. They’ve already hired thousands of engineers for this project

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

I said in other posts and threads before that I’d be willing to bet China sells cars here within the next two years. I read something about a year ago about them having vehicle’s in the works. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Apple/Chinese electric vehicle or something similar on the horizon.

5. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    9 more years, then what happens? The human population is decimated? Wouldn’t that save the planet? Why are these atheists so afraid to die if hell isnt real?

6. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    Where are they going to get all the electricity to charge a million electric cars every night. They cant even keep the grids up during a snowstorm or on days with excessive heat. Homeowners new dilemma will be whether to charge the car or turn on the AC or heat.

TripleGee, Nock, bondhu and 4 others like this.
  7. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    What I was trying to get at was with all the emissions control technology etc, fuel mileage had gone down considerable with newer Diesel engines, I’m sure someone could design one to get way more mpg but someone is holding it up

00noturkey and beauhunter41031 like this.
  8. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    If it’s good for America it’s not gonna happen under a Dem period all they care about is making their money the country be damned

9. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    someone already has again. they sold the rights to GM., and it was buried. this was after GM was bailed out by the gov.
    just like the original Colonels recipe for fried chicken, aint used, big business, better gas mileage, aint used also. not enough profit.
    my brother got Propane today. the price has gone up. was $1.65, last year, now its $2.39. i expect it to go way higher, or shortages.
    KY., dont have any wind in most spots to speak of as wind power, and not enough sun IMO, the rely on the sun for power, so what are we going to do for power.... no coal, no natural gas, no wind, no sun. the green new deal just means, hand out the green in your wallet, and watch your family freeze.
    Op's, i got lost for a moment, in thought an printed it. Arnold, the former governor of calafornafacation, bought a vehicle from the guy, that built the better gas per mile engine.. not only that, the engine could run on gas, or old cooking oil, from restaurants, an something else. three types of fuel.
    for i quit bothering ya, the 2,300 in the ford ranger, 85, could get 27mpg, pulling a loaded Jon-boat, with three people in the cab, an the bed of the truck, also loaded. later on i'll tell ya another story, [though this is too true, to be believed], it was so.

10. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    The reason they are reduced is all the pollution control added to them. They have cleaner emissions, but the dumbasses fail to factor in that a 30% drop in fuel mileage means burning more oil, which in fact creates more pollution. The simple minded just cant think that far ahead. We are screwed, royally.

drakeshooter and bondhu like this.
  11. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    This story will catch more people's attention when a gallon of gas hits $3.00. When it hits $4 well I guess the national guard will stay longer.

12. elkguy

elkguy 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2004
    The Keystone XL pipeline was going to be used for the Canadian Tarsands oil in Northern Alberta. That oil has been "mined" for many years. Most of it is now shipped by railroad. The railroad company is the Burlington Northern. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates own the Burlington Northern. So, there's that.

TripleGee, bondhu, Wildcat and 4 others like this.
  13. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    this is just a plan to destroy the middle class, an make a 2 Party system., those that rule, an those that slave. :(

TripleGee, barney, bondhu and 3 others like this.
  14. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Um,what he said.

riverboss likes this.