The Governor’s pardons and commutations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RLWEBB, Dec 14, 2019.

1. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    What the heck was this man thinking? Why would he pardon these murders? I mean seriously, this guy in Knox county should have been fried! To me, Governor Bevin’s pardons are disgraceful and a travesty. His actions almost seem like a child who’s mad because he lost. It just baffles me that he’s done this.

2. I thought all pardons had to go through the parole board first and be recommended for pardon before getting to the governor’s desk? I also heard the son of a big donor got a pardon so who knows how corrupt the process is?

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  3. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    That's a damn good question!
    I'm generally a Bevin supporter but something stinks to high heaven about these pardons.
    I did read what Bevin wrote about all the criticism but that sounded more like Maxine Waters than him, he didn't really say anything. :(

bondhu likes this.
  4. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I heard the same thing, but didn’t research it to see if it’s actually true. Regardless, even if it’s recommended, Bevin didn’t have to pardon anybody, and I vehemently disagree with some of the ones he did commute. Especially the sex offender, with his opinion on the evidence being the only reason given.

I can’t think of a reason anyone could justify his decisions on this one.

RLWEBB likes this.
  5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Exactly. I like the Governor but this is just wrong!!!!

Winchester94 and mac0492 like this.
  6. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    This sure did away with him running for any more political offices. His political career is over.

Winchester94 and JR PORTER like this.
  7. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Doesn't pass the smell test, this won't end well even though he had the power to do it.

8. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    These pardons have gone on forever. I grew up by the Governor's Mansion (70's) and you'd see the cons wandering around the grounds "working" just waiting til the end of the governor's term...so they'd get their pardons.

9. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I read where he pardoned the DUI guy that killed someone. Supposedly family was donors etc,.....I haven't had the chance to read any more about it,.....but if true then good riddance. I would never vote for him again in any fashion based on that one fact,......I'm done with him.

Winchester94 and JR PORTER like this.
  10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I just read an article listing the people he pardoned. Makes no sense to me. Sounds like it needs to be reversed. Is that possible? If I was a victim family member I would be going crazy.
    Honestly, he needs to be held accountable for this.

Winchester94, JR PORTER and RLWEBB like this.
  11. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    They should change it so you can't do it after an election. You want to let these people go? Fine, do it before the election when you have to answer for it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  12. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    He needs to go back North DAMN YANKEE. One he pardoned killed a one year old baby.

Winchester94 likes this.
  13. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    Doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm a die hard conservative but some of the things that came out of his mouth the past few years proved to me he was completely unhinged. That's why I had to hold my nose and vote for a democrap for the first time. I really don't think there's a damn thing that can be done about it either.

grouseguy, DH13 and Lady Hunter like this.
  14. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I did the same. Cant stand that Yankee punk.

grouseguy likes this.
  15. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    You had the option to not vote for either.

riverboss, Nock, Winchester94 and 5 others like this.