The Game may be changing????

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by BT Game Calls, Dec 3, 2013.

1. BT Game Calls

BT Game Calls Spike

Aug 16, 2012
    Nancy Ky
    Well I know this will draw a lot of I dont believe its but I do....I got a call today from a friend that I grew up with and I TRUST what he tells me. All that being said ,this is the second December in a row that the subject was the same from different people , killing Big HEAVY Bred coyote females!!!!! The call last year was from Jackson Co. the call today was from Boyle Co. and the call today was that after she was killed notice that she was bagged up so cut open and had 5 pups inside.... My thinking had been for the last couple of years things were changing in coyote calling and there habits??? I know that this is not normal but let me know what you think.. And I do trust both of these men and what they say, they are not coyote callers!!!

2. 30-30

30-30 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2011
    this may get interesting, i kinda thought the same thing last year

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    ????

Confused:::

So you are saying that females are getting bred sooner?? Females that are bred and heavy with pups are hard to call??

4. BT Game Calls

BT Game Calls Spike

Aug 16, 2012
    Nancy Ky
    That is what they are telling me, and with some people calling in more pairs this time of year its something to think about.. Would kinda like to know if anybody else finds this too be!!!!!

5. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    It's nothing new. There have been pups on the ground in February in the past which would mean that a few females bred early. But the VAST majority of coyotes breed from late December to early February.

6. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    I agree with weedwalker totally. The only thing consistent is that they only come in season once a year. Don't know for sure, but some of the variation may be due to coydogs being born and nature eliminates them over time. Possibly a survivor passes on coming into season earlier.