The Federal Reserve Is Looking Very Closely At Issuing Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.

Federal Reserve Goes Authoritarian, Set to Force Banks to Adopt ‘Social Score’ System for Customers Similar to Communist China​

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I’m not gonna get into the religious aspect of it but go back and find some of my posts from the start of Covid lockdowns. I wholeheartedly believe many of the decisions have been about killing (well at this point finishing off) our monetary system.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
What could possibly go wrong??? Instant central control of all the money at the click of a computer mouse.....
In all honesty, it’s probably that way now. Very few people carry cash and if you don’t have cash everything else is controlled by a button. The people I know with the most money never have actual cash on them.

pead

6 pointer
Jul 17, 2015
Ohio
I’m not gonna get into the religious aspect of it but go back and find some of my posts from the start of Covid lockdowns. I wholeheartedly believe many of the decisions have been about killing (well at this point finishing off) our monetary system.
Without a doubt.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
In all honesty, it’s probably that way now. Very few people carry cash and if you don’t have cash everything else is controlled by a button. The people I know with the most money never have actual cash on them.
I always carry Cash and pay with it except McDonald's Gift card which I buy $50 at a time and Use it because the cashiers can't count the CHANGE. And I don't want a pocket full of pennies anyway.
I use a debit card at the Kroger gas pumps most of the time. @xbokilla is right....I don't have much cash to keep track of.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Not even close. The amount of power they will have is nothing like now. There will be no secrecy. You will be controlled at every point with no other options. They will have a complete profile of your every move. You don't want to get your mandatory shot? That's OK...they will just fine you a thousand dollars a day until you do and they will just take it from your digital account. You can be punished or limited on what you buy. If you have too much money they can just redistribute it to those they say needs in more. Don't even think you will be allowed all that ammo and guns you buy now. Oh, and that stash you have that grandma gave you over the years that Uncle Sugar didn't know about...you must now turn it in so you can add it to the digital account and lets not forget the taxes and penalty. No more ratholes ever. No more side hustles for a little cash. Freedom will be gone in America.

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
The difference is, there are many entities involved in credit cards, debit cards, and we have the option of using cash if we want. It's not totally controlled by one corrupt government bureau full of policy hacks.

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
Yeah at this point and time. Soon cash will be illegal according to their desires. Remember when Louisiana made it illegal to buy stuff at yard sales for cash about 7 years ago?

April 13, 2015

Cash Banned in Louisiana at Garage Sales, Flea Markets etc.​

That Louisiana law is about as unjust as they come. Typical policy wonk politician over reach. There are some people doing bad stuff, so we'll punish everybody. If they don't vote out the idiots that came up with this, they deserve what they get.

Reactions: EC

grouseguy

12 pointer
Dec 9, 2001
Phillips, WI / Grayson, KY
Yeah at this point and time. Soon cash will be illegal according to their desires. Remember when Louisiana made it illegal to buy stuff at yard sales for cash about 7 years ago?

April 13, 2015

Cash Banned in Louisiana at Garage Sales, Flea Markets etc.​

Do you ever employ ANY independent thought before you post.

A rational person reading the above would consider … that doesn’t sound right:

… was it taken out of context?

… was this some BS that got slipped into a bill?

… has it been amended / corrected?

… does it reflect the whole story?

… is this just made up bullshit?

Well in this case, 4 out of 5 were “yes”. Look it up!!!

B.M. Barrelcooker

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
Aintry,Ky
I know that this is just a hunting forum on the internet but if this is going to happen I need some good solid advice for my 401k …etc.
What will we do if we can’t spend money ?

Do you ever employ ANY independent thought before you post.

giphy.gif

Latest posts