The Extensive TSS discussion Thread.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
Don’t need tss if you call them in to 35 yards and Less like you’re supposed to. Last thing anyone needs is dumbasses popping 60 yard shots at turkeys they can’t call in.
I really hate this school of thought on one hand. I don’t believe for one single solitary second that you wouldn’t shoot a Turkey at 60 especially if he hung up. I don’t care who you are short of Jesus himself no one is good enough to call every bird they kill into 35 yards, and no one that likes to kill turkeys really and truly is disciplined enough to pass up a Turkey at 60 if he won’t come on in if you know what your gun can do. Plain and simple.

Jul 28, 2019
Slaughters Kentucky
I really hate this school of thought on one hand. I don’t believe for one single solitary second that you wouldn’t shoot a Turkey at 60 especially if he hung up. I don’t care who you are short of Jesus himself no one is good enough to call every bird they kill into 35 yards, and no one that likes to kill turkeys really and truly is disciplined enough to pass up a Turkey at 60 if he won’t come on in if you know what your gun can do. Plain and simple.
That’s where you’re wrong. I don’t have to shoot a turkey everytime I step into the woods.
So you're a self admitted half-ass, then?
Ethical hunters only use sub gauges
sounds like you’re one of the dumbasses I was talking about

Jul 28, 2019
Slaughters Kentucky
Shooting turkeys 60+ yds with tss is almost worse than deer “hunters” who sit over a pile of corn and call it hunting. Takes no skill. People will do anything to post a dead animal on Instagram or Facebook.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Shooting turkeys 60+ yds with tss is almost worse than deer “hunters” who sit over a pile of corn and call it hunting. Takes no skill. People will do anything to post a dead animal on Instagram or Facebook.
Listen here dumbass, I killed my spring birds in 2 days, inside of 20 yards, with TSS, just for spite.
Aside from that, how would you prefer I fill 20 unlimited doe tags? Does it even matter? Because imma fill every single one. Under a white oak, or under a corn spinner makes no never mind to me. It'll be done, regardless. Just help me abide by your ethics, because yours are obviously more pertinent than mine, just like your precious little feelins.
Go back to Fakebook boy

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
Said no one that’s ever tried to drawback on 3 or 4 does eating in a corn pile. This ain’t the place for your “holier than thou” ethics. I bet your one of them that would foul hook a crappie and throw it back cause “it don’t count” I say throw it in the cooler. Dead is dead I don’t give a damn how it gets there. If I want to bust 1 at 90 with tss I’ll do it and sleep like a baby. I bet you shoot doves over a field. Same damn difference. You better be shooting em over natural grit piles and roosts jackass

Jul 28, 2019
Slaughters Kentucky
Said no one that’s ever tried to drawback on 3 or 4 does eating in a corn pile. This ain’t the place for your “holier than thou” ethics. I bet your one of them that would foul hook a crappie and throw it back cause “it don’t count” I say throw it in the cooler. Dead is dead I don’t give a damn how it gets there. If I want to bust 1 at 90 with tss I’ll do it and sleep like a baby. I bet you shoot doves over a field. Same damn difference. You better be shooting em over natural grit piles and roosts jackass
I’ll never shoot a deer over a corn pile cus I’m not a little pussy. U sound like a jackass to me. But that’s just my opinion

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
I’ll never shoot a deer over a corn pile cus I’m not a little pussy. U sound like a jackass to me. But that’s just my opinion
I bet you think it’s an automatic thing to hunt a corn pile don’t you? It ain’t. I promise. And if packing a 50 pound bag of corn 300 yards up the side of a hill with no road, to give at least an attractant to get pictures. Most of which the does eat overnight. Makes me a pussy and you’re a badass because you hunt a “funnel” between soy bean fields then shame on me I guess.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Where was he for the crossbow thread 🤷‍♂️.

In life, I wear my own kinda hat. I may think other folks hats are stupid but I wear mine and I don’t try to persuade them to wear mine or defend myself for choosing it.

If I have a shot that I deem ethical, I’m taking it. I don’t need anyone to deem it ethical for me or approve, if it is legal, the rest is up to the tag holder. Don’t take away from other folks joy as a hunter, their tag is their tag.

I’m not a stone cold, hardened critter killer but I support each and every one of you and your own pursuits.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
Where was he for the crossbow thread 🤷‍♂️.

In life, I wear my own kinda hat. I may think other folks hats are stupid but I wear mine and I don’t try to persuade them to wear mine or defend myself for choosing it.

If I have a shot that I deem ethical, I’m taking it. I don’t need anyone to deem it ethical for me or approve, if it is legal, the rest is up to the tag holder. Don’t take away from other folks joy as a hunter, their tag is their tag.

I’m not a stone cold, hardened critter killer but I support each and every one of you and your own pursuits.
Like I said that deer don’t care. Dead is dead. You know what they call a 180 inch buck shot over corn?

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
I'm not going to jump into this argument, but I have to say this.........I may not call every turkey into 35 yards, but I do call every turkey I kill into 35 yards..........and if a turkey hangs up at 60 yards, I will NOT pull the trigger. I've been doing this a long time, and MY PREFERENCE is to kill them up close and personal. I would say with a high degree of confidence I've never shot at a turkey over 40 yards, but that is MY PREFERENCE. It has nothing to do with the weapon or ammo capabilities. This comment just rubbed me the wrong way, because you are dead wrong.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
I'm not going to jump into this argument, but I have to say this.........I may not call every turkey into 35 yards, but I do call every turkey I kill into 35 yards..........and if a turkey hangs up at 60 yards, I will NOT pull the trigger. I've been doing this a long time, and MY PREFERENCE is to kill them up close and personal. I would say with a high degree of confidence I've never shot at a turkey over 40 yards, but that is MY PREFERENCE. It has nothing to do with the weapon or ammo capabilities. This comment just rubbed me the wrong way, because you are dead wrong.
And that’s fine. To each his own. I think everyone would much rather have them in your face and so would I. But if it’s been a rough start and I got to get the monkey off my back then I ain’t passing 60 if I know I can kill it. I have probably not killed one over 40 either honestly but if it happens it happens. I ain’t calling nobody a dumbass for it.

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
You did jump in, and that's fine, everyone has their own deal. Shoot em wherever suits you, if it's 35, blow their brains out at 35. If they hang up at 60, I'll blow their brains out at 60 with TSS.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I don’t blame you as a bow hunter. Ive killed some with bow, it’s hard to draw on them but hard to hit them bobbing and weaving, I don’t like to “stop” them before arrow release, they are fast, even faster on alert.

Closest I’ve ever killed a bird was 72 inches. When they step over your boot and the wad goes through their neck, there is a such thing as too close, just so y’all know, closer, not always better.

Latest posts