The early bird gets the worm(s)!!

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Lady Hunter, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Hit a few of the early 127 sales today (while failing miserably to find the part we need for our boat) and scored nicely!!! Two open frame Turks head muffin pans (I LOVE THOSE!!!!!), a #10 3 notch lodge, a #12 unmarked Wagner, a #8 3 notch Lodge, a #7 (?) gate marked fancy handle skillet, a marked John Wright "hearts & stars", and what I'm 99.9% sure is a Griswold Iron Mountain #8 dutch oven. And everything sits flat - no spinners!!!!!

[​IMG]

I'm gonna be busy!!

Nock, JR in KY, barney and 1 other person like this.
  2. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Off topic, but what boat part are you looking for? If I remember right y'all bought a bass tracker? I have 2 older bass trackers that are parts boats at this point. Can take a look for you

3. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    I actually gave up locally & ordered it on Amazon. All I needed was a stinkin' trim relay (which no one in Frankfort, Versailles, or Harrodsburg carries)... But it gave me an excuse to hit the 127 sale!!! lol! Thanks for the offer - knock on wood, that'll take care of the problems we've been having raising & lowering the motor....

4. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Pre-127 Sale - Day Two!!!!! I'm finding some cool stuff this time around!!!! In the past I've always gone on Thursday or Friday - I guess going early is what I need to do from now on....

[​IMG]

barney and drakeshooter like this.
  5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I think you have an obsession.

muddhunter likes this.
  6. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Gotta have a hobby. And it's cheaper than guns! :)

drakeshooter, barney and 120+ like this.
  7. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    I got these on Sat morning, #20 Griswold stick pan, lodge cornbread pan, a (lodge?) 9 ear cornbread pan, #3 lodge egg logo pan, a Griswold cornbread snack pan, deer head bottle opener, and a man cave bottle opener, and one I have wanted for a long time, the #8 WAPAK Z logo pan

Attached Files:

drakeshooter and Lady Hunter like this.
  8. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    Also this old bean pot that I know nothing about yet, but was made in England.

Attached Files:

Feedman, drakeshooter and Lady Hunter like this.
  9. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    This is my kitchen area in my new pole barn, most of my iron is hanging now, I am at 83 pieces now.

Attached Files:

10. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    I think we're on one of the same cast iron pages/groups - saw these pics earlier today. Great finds! I espec love the bean pot! I've got my two favorites from 127 seasoning today: a gatemarked fancy handle, single spout #7, and a #10 southern mystery initial skillet. They cleaned up beautifully!

11. Bee

Bee 8 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Did you folks get all these items in KY on HWY 127 or other states? Some really nice finds by both of you. Some people are pure fools over the Griswolds and you likely can make a bunch just reselling that stuff from what I see. I have some family pieces that are post civil war era and lots of early 20th century stuff too. Storage is an issue , as I dont have a barn or secure shed.

12. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Everything I've posted in this thread came from 127. In my opinion, there's old iron out there just as good as any Griswold at a fraction of the price... Would love to see pics of your families stuff. Storage is an issue here too - I've got pieces all over the house!