The con of solar power for your home

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
This tech makes sense for an off-grid camp, or RV use, but large scale private daily use is sketchy. Most of these "green" companies wouldn't exist without Government subsidies. If it was a true tech revolution like smart phones, it would stand on its own.

00noturkey

12 pointer
Oct 31, 2011
High Grove
be 2 years before china can send the parts. so far it aint even feasible, to supply enough power to fart. not much wind or sun in ky to work. gonna be cold this winter. it was a con job in the oblama era. just a way to get money form the people, to the rich.

Last edited:

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
I know a fella who has a huge double stacked 100’ row of them behind his house and I asked him if he liked them and he told me the only regret he had was not having twice as many installed when he could get them cheap. Said it killed him him every time the electric company sent him his monthly check for the overage he produced. This is of course only one example in one county and I haven’t asked anybody else.
Thats BS. Utility company does not send you a check. If you produce more than you consume, its banked, and it comes off your bill when you are lacking in generation, so, you dont want a bigger system than you consume.

Thats BS. Utility company does not send you a check. If you produce more than you consume, its banked, and it comes off your bill when you are lacking in generation, so, you dont want a bigger system than you consume.

Well, you are welcome to call Mr. Donnie Robertson, a local Murray, Kentucky contractor and tell him “thats BS”, he is the one who made the claim that TVA was buying it back from him.

We use WKRECC down here in Calloway, sorry about your sorry ass luck bud.

B3A46256-22A1-4D0F-970C-4ADA81ECBA65.jpeg

Last edited:

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Well, you are welcome to call Mr. Donnie Robertson, a local Murray, Kentucky contractor and tell him “thats BS”, he is the one who made the claim that TVA was buying it back from him.

We use WKRECC down here in Calloway, sorry about your sorry ass luck bud.

View attachment 102559
Than I stand corrected, and apologize. Kentucky Utilities does not. They will ‘bank’ kw’s for later, but not buy more than you use. Learned something.

Latest posts