The best sweet habanero hot sauce recipe I've ever tasted

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Manzanita, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    After experimenting with several online recipes, I have found a winner. Throw this in a two quart size blender:

• About 12-15 (give or take...) Habanero peppers. Remove the seeds.
    • 1 can sliced peaches in either heavy or light syrup.
    • 1 cup white vinegar
    • 1/2 cup molasses
    • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup yellow mustard
    • 2 tablespoons salt
    • 2 tablespoons paprika
    • 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
    • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
    • 1/2 teaspoon coriander
    • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
    • 1/2 teaspoon allspice
    The original recipe called for 1/2 cup mustard but it seemed like too much so I halved it. Blend it all on high until liquified. Refrigerate overnight or use right away. You can also freeze or can jars of it. It's also supposed to keep for a long time in the refrigerator. I canned the extra out of the first batch but I'm going through it so fast, after filling my old tabasco bottle with it I just freeze the rest until ready to use.

I eat it on just about everything. It's a great wing sauce. I've turned my neighbors, friends, coworkers, and some students at work on to it and everyone has loved it.

2. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    sounds great! you missed a fine wing ding the other day.

3. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Where ya been Manzanita? Your ears should have been buring around 7 last Saturday. That sounds like a fine recipe.:cool:

4. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Keith, I took a self imposed vacation after the CTD thread a while back. I was pretty p.o.'d about the way the whole thread ended. Thought it best just to go away for a while rather than lose the forum friends I had. I say "forum" friends because the only other times I've met most of them were at the wing dings, but I'd still like to be able to say "hi" without awkwardness if we meet out and about.

I've also been pretty busy rebuilding my house after we basically had to gut the whole thing starting last November after discovering a significant mold infestation inside the walls. It had its roots back before we bought the place six years ago and the previous owners had caulked all the upstairs storm windows along the bottoms. We discovered it and removed the caulk right after moving in but it was too late. For no telling how long, water had pooled in the sills every time it rained. It would seep all the way down to the outside walls on the first floor. We had a remediation company seal off the house and pull every bit of drywall off the exterior walls, all the insulation, and treat the rest of the framing. After they were done we reinsulated with rockwool mineral insulation, redrywalled, painted, etc. I just recently finished tiling and finishing a downstairs bathroom and I'm working on one of the upstairs bathrooms now. Still have to do all the base molding and window trim. I also have people coming next week to put me a metal roof on and another group coming to tear off all this nasty masonite siding and replace it.

Although we got a good deal on the place when we bought it, we pretty much rescued it from the brink of being unsalvageable. It's been a rough six months working on this place. After I'm done I swear if I never pick up another paintbrush, drywall knife, ceramic tile, or miter saw I can die happy.

Anyway, that's a killer sauce recipe. If you have a dozen or so habs laying around, try it out. You won't be sorry.

5. Shiz-Nit

Shiz-Nit 10 pointer

thanks sounds good

6. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Tooo sweet for me. just ordered a bottle of ghost pepper extract 30 mins ago!
    I can't wait....

7. Touch just a TAD of that extract to your tongue...I dare ya!!!! That stuff is NOT to be messed with...extract is potent!! I've got about 3 bhut plants in the garden right now

8. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    this is the hottest thing i have ever tried .it is really unbelievable.ive tried ghost peppers and this is the worst.(warning bad language)
    http://www.scorchio.co.uk/chillipepper-petes-satans-shit-p-1061.html

9. Yep! Anything with extract is going to be ridiculous!! Its anywhere from 10-30 times hotter than the peppers!! A friends dad got some from somewhere down south and I sniffed it and my eyes were burning and watering!

10. Ruffneck

Ruffneck 6 pointer

OK, I wanna try this recipe........I've ran Lexington and Georgetown over trying to find habaneros, tryed all the big boxes as well as small Latino grocers, still can't find any. Anyone have any suggestrions? Thanks, Andy.

11. I've only seen them in the grocery maybe once and it was at krogers. I'm sure its a seasonal thing. I grow my own and am hoping around July for my first ones to come ripe

12. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I'm wanting to say that I saw them at Krogers here just a month or two ago.

13. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I always see Habaneros at the farmers market starting in August.

I guess I'm a wus, Hab's are too hot for me but, I use my fair share of Cayennes....fresh, pickled and dried. They are plenty hot, but turn you loose alot quicker than some of the others.

14. I SlowLearner

I SlowLearner Fawn

Jan 5, 2012
    This is my first time posting on this forum...I'm not much of a hunter but I made your recipe and it was so good, I felt obligated to tell you what I did to try and make it even better. I used white wine vinegar and when I was done, I simmered the sauce on a medium-low heat for about 20-30 minutes to get the sugars to caramelize. The heat of the habaneros was toned down a bit but the other flavors really came out. The next thing I want try try is roasting the habaneros and some fresh chipotle peppers and see what that does. Thanks for the recipe!