Thank goodness

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bgkyarcher, Dec 6, 2020.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Eddie Gran is gone. Without doubt, the worst OC in history.

Feedman, JDMiller and NOCAMST like this.
  2. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    With opponents averaging 26.4 points/game I'm sure top end OC's are lining up to replace him.

3. Yeah it’s awesome that UK’s athletic department is paying out $3.1 million to a couple state employees to sit on their arses. Regardless of where the money is coming from it’s still an awful look. Commonsense wins the day.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Doesn’t matter who you throw in the offensive coordinator position. We will see no difference because the head guy is stoopid. The culture and attitude of the team is that of a losing organization. They lack any and all discipline and have no basic football knowledge. Eddie Gran obviously sucks, but nothing will change with his departure

DH13 and JDMiller like this.
  5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    The new OC will soon realize that you have to have someone who can throw the ball downfield. Then the receivers must catch the ball.
    Who is gonna call plays if they go to a bowl game.

6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m not the biggest UK diehard in anything as I’ve stated before but usually watch enough to keep up. I’m a little with Ed, I’ve never understood this dying commitment to Stoops. Is he that great? I got a buddy who’s a diehard and all I hear is, “They need to leave Stoops alone.” I’m not saying the hasn’t done an Ok job being 500 (or thereabouts) at UK but he’s a well paid DI coach who’s been there for 7 years. It’s ok to put some responsibility on his shoulders, he’s a big boy. Some of their crash and burn performances when they’ve literally beat themselves falls squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. Rumors around Lexington are that he is thinking of making the jump to the NFL. I’m like, “Who is it that’s after him so hard?” And if someone is then he probably should consider it. Just sayin.

7. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    His successes are really good for UK, but his failures... shooooo. blown games so many times, and that is on him...... Eddie Gran couldn't call a play if he had to. He's 100% incompetent. UK recruits the wrong QB's, IMHO. They go after the top tier, and they're never going to get them. They need to hit the hidden talents that are "a tad slow" but can throw the ball. Otherwise, they'll keep getting Terry Wilson's, etc. Dual threat is only as good as the QB's arm....

8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I still can't figure out who is gonna call plays if they go to a bowl

9. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Like it matters. Any high school coach in Lexington could do no worse.

Timholt70 likes this.
  10. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    Put me in the group that thinks Stoops dictates what the O coordinator calls. No way does the 3 different coordinators call the same game plan without some type of influence. Doesn't matter who the new O coordinator is, it will be the same ol run the ball up the middle twice, wr screen, then punt story.

11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Third and short....... Lineup in shotgun, then handoff up the middle. That has got to be the DUMBEST THING IN THE HISTORY OR FOOTBALL AND HE DID IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!

12. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    Unless you have Snell..... Which ain't walking through that door. Granted, I think Rodriguez could be that back if given the chance.

13. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Maybe. I find it interesting that NONE of Stoops teams can pass the ball. Maybe he needs to butt out of the play calling.
    Gran was fired because the fan base hates to watch that crap and their receiving recruits were taking one look and decommitting. Gran was the scapegoat.
    If I was a receiver I would not want to go to college and just block.

14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Have to have capable QB. They’ve opted for running QB’s. Call them dual threat, but that’s a joke.

15. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    they have to be able to throw the ball to be considered dual threat.