Tenn. fires Pearle

StaleyEMT

8 pointer
Jul 14, 2007
Laurel Co.
I've not seen it on here yet, but I seen on another forum where Tenn. let Bruce Pearl go today. Wonder who they'll get to replace him?

Art

12 pointer
Nov 27, 2004
Lexington, KY
He was actually fired a couple of days ago. The list of replacements I saw was pretty sorry IMO...

pearl-sign.jpg

Coach R

6 pointer
Sep 29, 2009
Somewhere
Art, that picture is great. :D

How funny would it be if Geno from UCONN left the girl's program and came to Tennessee to coach? I know it would never happen, but could you imagine him and Summitt co-existing on that campus? Just a thought....

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke
On a semi-related note. It looks like Mike Anderson is leaving Missouri to coach at Arkansas. Pay grade goes from 500k to a cool 2 mil per year.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Maybe I am in the minority but I really liked having Pearl at Tenn. He had fire and was great for the rivalry with UK. I will hate to see him leave.

SEK-Hunter

8 pointer
Nov 17, 2008
Letcher County
I am not a Tn fan to ANY extent, but always liked and respected Pearl, and think that he really done a lot for that program. I like his energy and the bond he seemed to have with the players. I don't think he'll ever contend for a National Championship, but think he's a good guy/coach. Hate to see him leave TN. Best of wishes coach....

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
Yeah, well having them over to your house for a cook out will bond you to your players. Too bad you can't do that. Or lie about it.

Latest posts