Tell me about Bellermine University

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Good / Bad ? Youngest granddaughter is being courted by them to attend next year after HS graduation. With a offer of a rather good scholarship. Other than knowing it is in Louisville and a private university I know nothing else. Is it in a safe area of Louisville ? She visit last weekend and seems to like the place so far.

2. littleboots

littleboots 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2008
    Good school not bad area expensive

3. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    A friend of mine went there for her undergraduate degree. She seemed to like it. I don't know why young women have such an attraction to big cities, but they do. I think Bellarmine would be a much safer campus for a young lady than UofL would be.

4. cburton

cburton 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2014
    Really nice school, beautiful campus, but extremely expensive. Has a real good reputation in the accounting world locally.

5. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Great school. No problems on campus. Good area (for Louisville). As others have stated...quite expensive.

6. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    MRS degree.

Not heard of any safety issues at Bellarmine. Never know tho anymore. Known more for its accounting program. Nice little par 3 golf course.

7. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I think they closed the golf course a few years ago. They've built it up a lot recently.

It's a Catholic university, so it leans conservative. She may come out a Trump or Cruz supporter. ;-)

But they have a great basketball program. Probably the best in the city.

8. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

2nd most expensive college in the state behind Centre. Area is ok. 15 minutes from anything in Louisville.

9. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    They are very aggressive with most good students. Their published tuition is high, but no one pays that. Their first offer to my son was a 50% scholarship. I'm sure it's a good school, the campus appears nice. It really depends what she wants to study that will determine if its right for her.

10. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    While the campus is pretty, it's near to Our Lady of Peace - currently taking new heroin addicts for patients.

Other than that, it's expensive, as mentioned. One of the clerks in my office is married to the guy who drives their basketball team around the country, and he seems to like the folks.

11. cole.lambert.5

cole.lambert.5 Fawn

Sep 24, 2015
    I went to school there it is a fantastic school small university small class sizes quiet safe campus
    Has a good rep with any post grad schools around or once you are out and searching for a job
    I would not hesitate to send anyone to Bellarmine