Telecheck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grago, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Grago

Grago 6 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Looked at only 4 counties Todd Christian Muhlenberg and Logan a lot more does harvested than i expected guess will have to help some on the buck to doe ratio

2. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    I always wondered how long do you have to check a deer in on tele-check.
    The reason I am asking is that rifle season ended on Nov 24th ,right.
    If you look at tele-check review,you see in almost all counties people
    checking bucks and doe on the 25th.Some hunters checking multiple deer in.
    Just curious as this happens every year on the day after gun season closes....

3. Grago

Grago 6 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    This says midnight on the day you recover it but i always keep a pen in my pack and get a confirmation number before i leave the land same as with turkeys i miss the check stations i know a lot of people hated them and i can see that if you waited in line with people you didnt know But ours was a little country store / cafe where everybody hung it no line waiting everyone looking in the back of trucks or whatever you knew if a good one was killed in the area a lot of non hunters there just to look at the deer most people knew each other but even if they didnt know you they would congratulate you on your deer big crowd in the mornings and big crowds after dark to see what everybody had it was a lot of hype and fun

Attached Files:

4. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 6 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Thank you for this thread. I did not know the website was called "Telecheck", and it contains interesting data. For my region, one county with the least harvests produced the largest buck (and it was huge); at least it did, because such may have changed, since I last reviewed handwritten notes at the one WMA in which I have been visiting. There were many deer samples on a table (testing for that CWD), next to the paperwork, which is what had initially drawn my attention, causing me to quickly review all, when nobody was there.

5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Sometimes it takes a little longer for them to get posted to the website. That delay cause it to be on a different day than when it was actually killed

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    an acquaintance and his son both killed nice bucks in Livingston Co last weekend, neither were checked in by the end of last week, haven't checked this week. but the dad shows up as taking a buck on opening day in another county..........

CRFmxracer and jblack1 like this.
  7. Grago

Grago 6 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    It would be interesting to know the actual number of deer harvested in the state im sure it would be very different than what telecheck shows

kyhunter99 likes this.
  8. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    It will say on Telecheck when it is updated. All 4 of mine are on there and my wife’s 3 is on there. If it’s killed on weekend then it may not update till that Monday. It will show date you killed it though from my experience

9. Grago

Grago 6 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Yeah thats been my experience to the only thing i like about it is i have a lot of friends that hunt some in different counties i can look on there to see if they killed one

10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I was under the impression you had 24 hours to telecheck, but had to fill out harvest log immediately. I've been wrong before.... When I was a teen, a friend of mine killed his first deer one afternoon. They hauled it around and showed to everyone all over the county. They were/are good people. Later that night, they realized they never got it "checked in". Immediately called our local GW. He came over, and did the paper work and made it legal for them. That was early 80's. Donald Depp was as good of a game warden as you could ever ask for.

jblack1 likes this.
  11. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Some might have been shot Sunday evening and recovered till Monday. I know years ago my oldest shot his first deer. I looked and looked finally found it couple days later during the week. He shot it on Sunday during youth. I still checked it on the day we found it. No problem

12. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    That’s right. Gotta fill out your paperwork before you move it. Gotta have pen with you in the field.

13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Much easier when hunting from truck, lol....

14. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Lol

15. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    You got that right.