Technology Has Passed Me By .........

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by KYote-Krusher, May 13, 2020.

1. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    Feedman likes this.
  2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Passed me by too

3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Theres a reason you haven’t seen them. Cant get a robot to load/unload a truckfull of multisized packages, nor get them to load/unload perfect identical packages at a rate of more than 40% of a standard human. They are useless for now. still want to punch the guy with the hockey stick though.

and dont get me started on this pile of shit.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    My cousins, in Michigan, husband, and both their sons work in a place that makes the robots that are used in Ford, Chev, Toyota, Dodge, Honda as well as other places where they make the autos. They have told me that today while there are still some problems we are not that far from having them do everything automatically on their own. Right now Amazon is the one in track to be the first to have their warehouses run on all robots. Their company is working hard to build the model for them and get the contract.

5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Epic battle. Would be nice if we simply had motorized shopping carts out of them, for now. Why are we still manually pushing around loaded down shopping carts, weighing tons, through stores now, when the tech has long existed to make all much easier? They should be voice activated to go through whichever aisles, and return themselves from parking lots.

Sidenote: Outback is out of lobster for unknown reason. Filet mignon price seems to have not increased.

6. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
  7. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I don't know about you, but if I see one of those things walking toward me in the woods like in the video, I'm going to shoot it.

KYote-Krusher, DH13 and Feedman like this.
  8. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I think one of them is in heato_O

9. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky

I predict in the future hundreds of thousands of these things will be for the battlefield. All these little nerdy gamer‘s that live in their parents basement and played these Military style killing games for the last 10 years will be tracked down by the US government and paid to control real time robots across seas

10. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the game changer. It changes and refines the way a robot works, improving its speed and efficiency and it’s advancing rapidly.

11. Withered Oak

Withered Oak Fawn

Jan 15, 2015
    Extreme Western KY
    My sister's grandson got a job programming these things last year. Right out of college, makes big money. It's the future.....

drakeshooter and KYote-Krusher like this.
  12. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I know several kids that used to play the games all day and now they are drone pilots for the USAF.

drakeshooter and KYote-Krusher like this.
  13. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    I work with a guy whose boy is doing the same thing.

drakeshooter likes this.
  14. Withered Oak

Withered Oak Fawn

Jan 15, 2015
    Extreme Western KY
    Yea actually that's what he wanted to do was program gaming stuff. He was offered a job but it didn't pay squat. He was offered this one programing robots and he took it. Smart kid

15. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    Don't have any idea how many programers it takes to keep one robot going but this could all turn out to be a good thing as far as having to hire illegal aliens to do menial work. Just from looking at the video's it seems to me that given another 5 maybe 10 years ... those things could be capable of picking grapes or strawberries ... maybe a few more years and they could chop tobacco ... who knows. :)

Oh ... and if they all wore masks ... we wouldn't have to worry about them catching any viruses. o_O :p

Feedman likes this.