#TeamKentucky

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Larry Risner, May 22, 2020.

1. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    Me and the wife went yesterday too get our FREE too us state run covid-19 test. We met some outstanding young Kentucky warriors there KSP, KNG, EKU police and health care workers. from sign-up, test and out the door took 15 minutes if that. Very professional operation from start to finish. They also gave us as a gift a bottle of hand cleaner and an official KNG mask. Made me proud. Should get our results in 48 to 72 hours.

xbokilla, grouseguy and davers like this.
  2. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Good luck with the test results, in that I hope turns out negative.

3. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    So Larry. What was the point in getting tested? Just trying to understand.

Feedman, gicts, KYote-Krusher and 3 others like this.
  4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    It should be done to get more data to better understand what the real numbers are (Find people who have had it but didnt even know they had it)

5. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Don’t they put your data ,in storage for tracking your movements too.

bondhu and KYote-Krusher like this.
  6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Good lord i hope not. Im not getting tested, ill let them track larry lol.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Why is the state wasting money like this?

8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Because we have plenty to spend? Lol

9. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    The test just shows if you currently have it. Antibody testing is the only thing that shows if you may have had it and recovered. I heard numbers this week that less than 1% of non-symptomatic people tested, have tested positive in Ky.

Good luck and hope you and your wife are in the 99 percentile.

bondhu likes this.
  10. supergoat80

supergoat80 10 pointer

Aug 31, 2012
    #DoucheBag Im just saying

drakeshooter and Winchester94 like this.
  11. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    It's my understanding that one can test positive while not being contagious. I no longer recall the source of that information, nor know if true, but such would be equivalent to being a type of carrier. Regardless, I possess no intention of being tested, unless I become life threatening symptomatic. The government is not my caregiver nor ever shall be such; my personal health is none of its business, and I view your governor's attempts to make it such as not only vulgar but grossly foreign in nature.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  12. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Thank you for being a conscientious citizen. Good luck on the results. I'm due to be tested next week prior to a medical procedure.

13. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    IMHO just doing what a good citizen should do. Don't have the time, energy, WTF or GAF that it may have upset the hoaxers, flubro, squealers or flap gapper with a response. #TeamKentucky.

14. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    If you have no idea why you did it other than someone told you that’s what good kentuckians do, that’s a problem. If there is a legit reason to get tested I would like to hear it. Grouseguy has a medical procedure coming up. Makes sense for him to be tested. I would like to know why I should go get my free to me test.

15. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I appreciate that it gives a better data sample. But what I don’t understand is why. What difference does it make if the state tests 1% or 20% positive? What action would be taken on either conclusion? Is it just to make people feel like the government is doing something? Shouldn’t we all just kind of assume the worst case scenario and assume everyone has it and take our individual precautions? If that consists of gloving up, donning PPE, and keeping your distance then fine. If consists of going everywhere raw dog and hoping your immune system is tougher than the disease, then go for it. If you are high risk and fear catching it then stay at home if that suits you. I just don’t understand the logic of testing otherwise healthy people for information sake.