Teachers and schools with armed guards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mallardkiller, Sep 1, 2019.

1. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Lets see what everyone thinks on this....All the social security and court house buildings are guarded by guns...why cant our children and grand children be.....

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Majority of schools have SROs in the buildings. I know some are useless but I’ve been darn lucky to work with some good ones. I guess if the local sheriff dept and local city government want to put up the money to make it happen, fine. As far as the arming of staff, I’d be in favor of an armed team of 5-6 but allowing any and all to carry ...HECK NO! I work with a few that would lose their head if it wasn’t screwed on tight and I sure don’t want them leaving a gun laying around for a kid to get ahold of.

3. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Because Liberals care more about their politics than our kids.

mallardkiller likes this.
  4. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    kids should be protected, but by professionals. who protects them from false teaching. your supposed the have your kids educated, not indoctrinated..

Brody and Carl like this.
  5. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Boone county Sheriffs department places SRO’s in every single school building, and I agree with this 100%. Our sheriff has also been pushing for arming select teachers as well, though I agree with @xbokilla , who actually carries should be screened thoroughly.

Last year, a couple of dumba$$ kids thought it was cute to call in school shooting threats 3 days in a row. BCSD was on top of the situation immediately, and handled it well IMO, including going to one juvenile delinquent’s house, where she proceeded to add a resisting arrest to her resume.

mallardkiller and xbokilla like this.
  6. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Totally off subject, but up to me as a parent to protect my kids from false teachings. Not the schools. Period.

7. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    it is off subject, but i had to roll with it, while i could.. least i forget..