Taylorsville Tailwaters

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Jwheatley, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Jwheatley

Jwheatley Fawn

Dec 29, 2015
    Never been to the tailwaters of Taylorsville. Can anyone tell me how good of a fishery this is? Also any suggestions for places to fish within an hour or so from Bardstown? Looking for good places to fish over spring break.

2. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    From bardstown, ceder creek lake is about an hour away. Also Fagan Branch lake in lebanon isnt very far from bardstown either. Might want to go to kdfwr.gov and look at the places to fish tab. The have a guide that shows the species and a rating for every species for every state owned or run lake. That would be a good way to find a good place to fish.

Jwheatley likes this.
  3. Jwheatley

Jwheatley Fawn

Dec 29, 2015
    Thanks

4. BTOWNER

BTOWNER 8 pointer

Dec 5, 2010
    Tailwaters is great fishing. Especially with minnows.

5. Jwheatley

Jwheatley Fawn

Dec 29, 2015
    Crappie I assuming. Catch any bass or Hybrid stripes down there? Before they did work on the rough river dam I caught a lot of stripes and largemouth below the dam what about Taylorsville?

6. kybuckbuster

kybuckbuster 6 pointer

Jun 14, 2009
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Lots of snakes around those tailwaters. Not much worth fishing, I'd head to Tn if you really want to have a good time. Less snakes too!

7. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    TN is way more than an hour from Bardstown. Also, there are a heck of a lot of places to fish between Bardstown and TN before you get to TN.

As to the OP, I've never had any luck on the tailgaters. Not sure when your break is, but you might get lucky on the whites running up the headwaters.

8. BTOWNER

BTOWNER 8 pointer

Dec 5, 2010
    Kybuckbuster, didn't you say Fishermen Lakes in Louisville are a nice little gem? Right below dam at T-ville is alright but rest of the river is funky imo.