Taylorsville Lake

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by PrimeTine, Sep 20, 2020.

1. PrimeTine

PrimeTine 6 pointer

Sep 4, 2011
    Breathitt County
    I know there are probably some threads on here about it but I wanted to ask for any tips catfishing at Taylorsville. Any good bank locations? We have 25 noodles made up and plan on renting a 14ft boat to run these. Are the fish attractor locations good place to throw these out? I didn’t know if the fish attractors were good for holding catfish or not. Here’s the link If you’re not familiar https://app.fw.ky.gov/fisheries/waterbodydetail.aspx?wid=9

any help is greatly appreciated

2. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Along most any bank or coves will work. Might give it a go in a day or so also, need a few cats to stock up on. Usually let most go to be caught another day.

kyoutdoorsman and Meatstick like this.
  3. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Throw cut shad in there about anywhere, and you'll catch catfish, especially after dark.

4. PrimeTine

PrimeTine 6 pointer

Sep 4, 2011
    Breathitt County
    Thanks guys. I had a cove picked out that’ll be close and filled with attractors. I’ll see how that does. Hopefully good!

kyoutdoorsman likes this.
  5. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Used to be the dam was a good place catch cats using chicken liver. But since the otters came in, not so much.

6. crossfire

crossfire 8 pointer

Jun 13, 2006
    Mayfield, Ky
    If you have a cast net and can find a school of the 4"-5" shad, you're in business anywhere you go! No better bait than what the lake provides naturally.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  7. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    I have not been able to find any large Shad ever since I’ve fished that lake. Would love to get around you some and throw a bullshad though

8. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    I was crappie fishing yesterday & the bass were coming up on the shad pretty good. Most surface action I've seen in a while.

9. Perchjerker

Perchjerker Fawn

Sep 30, 2020
    Louisville

10. Perchjerker

Perchjerker Fawn

Sep 30, 2020
    Louisville
    When Living in Ohio there were guys fishing on the bank at our reservoir (4 mile radius)and would use a beach ball the wind at their back let the wind blow the ball out with jugs attached to the line. Brought in some big cats and you don’t need a boat. Something to consider.

kyoutdoorsman and PrimeTine like this.
  11. PrimeTine

PrimeTine 6 pointer

Sep 4, 2011
    Breathitt County
    That’s a neat and innovative idea

12. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Read it several times & still dont get how they do it. Can you help me??

13. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Google beach ball fishing and scroll down. You will find ohio fish and game they talk about it.

14. Perchjerker

Perchjerker Fawn

Sep 30, 2020
    Louisville
    They would tie their line to the beach ball and continue the line to a jug, then tie your hook line to the jig just like jug fishing the only thing every thing is attached by the lines and space your jugs out as you want could be 10 feet to 20 feet. The beach ball will pull your jugs out across the water. Use strong line!!! I hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Carl likes this.
  15. Perchjerker

Perchjerker Fawn

Sep 30, 2020
    Louisville
    Another thing is, you can hot glue glow sticks to ball and jugs for night fishing.