Taylorsville Lake quota hunt!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by HuntsItAll, Dec 4, 2019.

1. HuntsItAll

HuntsItAll 8 pointer

Jan 23, 2009
    A hunters paradise
    Anyone on here headed to Taylorsville quota hunt this weekend? Four of us going. Headed there Friday, and staying there the whole weekend!! Looking forward to a great time. This is kinda our version of deer camp. Sitting around the motel enjoying a few drinks and telling hunting stories. If a deer or 2 or more gets harvested this weekend it’ll be a bonus!!!

2. Shelby21

Shelby21 Spike

Mar 21, 2019
    Louisville
    That used to be a hunt I really looked forward 2 before I got my ground I'm on now.

good luck and be safe.

3. BucksandFish

BucksandFish 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2012
    E-town
    What's the deer numbers around that lake?

4. jeffcojoe

jeffcojoe 6 pointer

Be advised, Lake is flooded and several normally dry areas may be under water or inaccessible.

5. famleof5

famleof5 Spike

Oct 13, 2004
    Louisville KY
    Good luck.... some good dear numbers around the State park area.
    let everyone know what you all see & how many hunters are there... I expect it will be crowded. Take care

6. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Any good deer killed last weekend, was there alot of does killed how many deer were killed

7. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    If you look up the results, you'll see that this season, only 8 deer were killed by firearms on the WMA. That includes both quota hunts. Looks like the state park quota hunt is the way to go--25 were killed with firearms there.

HCDH66 likes this.
  8. jeffcojoe

jeffcojoe 6 pointer

Quota hunt results are not on the Telecheck Page. The eight killed by firearm are from Youth Season. I was in the early hunt and the deer our party killed do not show up even in their telecheck review.

BowOnly and Blackdog85 like this.
  9. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    So I wonder why they include youth season deer, but not quota hunt deer?

10. jeffcojoe

jeffcojoe 6 pointer

Youth season deer are telechecked while Quota hunt harvest is brought to WMA office to be checked in with staff for measurements and sampling.

BowOnly likes this.
  11. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I’ve killed 3 deer there on the wma in 2 hunts in early 2000s . Only times I’ve been there

12. HuntsItAll

HuntsItAll 8 pointer

Jan 23, 2009
    A hunters paradise
    Not a lot of deer killed this weekend. No one in our group got one. We all saw deer, just weren’t able to get a shot. I was told around 180 people signed in for the hunt. At noon Sunday, around 35 deer were brought in so far. The ones that used a boat to access their spots had the best luck it seemed.