Taylor's Bull

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by JDMiller, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    Congrats to you and Taylor. I can honestly say, it doesn't get any better!

2. Congrats to you both. Memories.........It's truly all that life is about.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw 10 pointer

Oct 2, 2005
    Northern Ky
    Very Nice. Congrats Taylor.

4. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over
    Awesome bull! I am glad you all got to tour our country side out here in the eastern part of the state!

5. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words.... it's means a lot to the both of us.

As her dad, I've always been proud of her and been lucky she shared in my enjoyment of the outdoors. Seems with girls it's more of a challenge to keep them interested and the past few years that she's been in college it just has been hard to find the time with her schedule. Which made this hunt & preparing for it even more special.

Also say this was our first trip to Hazard area in general and we really enjoyed the area and especially the people. Which... we cant say enough how everyone at LMO treated us like family. Everyone there worked really hard to make the overall experience very enjoyable ....and I cant say enough concerning how hard the guides work on making the hunt a success. From the moment we arrived to the time we hit the road to return home ... the experience was top notch. No doubt they enjoy the hunt and the harvest .... as much as the hunter does.

Again.... thanks to everyone for their comments.

She has had a smile on her face since the bull hit the ground and her accomplishment is still sinking in with the both of us.

6. KYRackKiller

KYRackKiller Fawn

Jul 16, 2013
    Rowdy Ky
    Congrats! Great looking trophy!

7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Congrats to you and your daughter JD. Sounds like you had a blast.

8. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    Congrats to Taylor on a great bull. Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. Now you're in for some fantastic eating for months to come by looking at the size of her bull. Good job to all.

9. mrdux

mrdux Guest

Congrats on the bull to the both of you.

10. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Just getting back online after vacation and had been wondering how you guys fared.

Congrats!!!!!!

11. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Quack... If I said we had a great time...it would be an understatement. I'd pack up & do it again in a heart beat... and wouldn't change the first thing in the way we planned & did this one.

Which... now it's had a little time to sink in with her... she's ribbing dad pretty good concerning who will have the biggest critter on the wall...LOL. Just got to let her gloat & I have to bow out graciously...she earned it. She's definitely one-up on me and that's OK.

12. cfd266

cfd266 8 pointer

Nov 29, 2003
    Evans Family Farm
    Congratulations Taylor, nice shooting!!!!

13. I don't know how I missed this JD, but congrats to you and the daughter!

14. activescrape

activescrape Spike

Oct 9, 2013
    Arlington, Tx
  15. Fairplayky

Fairplayky 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2004
    Lexington
    A darn good thing that the coal industry didn't get into that country. Sure would have ruined it for Elk.