Taxidermy for a bobcat

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by Tankt, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    First things first....I will NOT be using Haves lol.

I talked to the owner of the new farm that I have to hunt and he really wants me to thin out the bobcats. I have no real interest in it other than one for a mount. I think I read that they are good to eat but really don't know if that is a joke or not.

So, how much would a full body mount run? Can anyone recommend a taxidermist?

Btw....new farm is 550 acres so that's a score for me. Bummer is it's an hour away but I am definitely going to hunt there some. He told me to bring the dogs for some rabbits too so I am pretty excited about it.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Well your first sentence just ruined it for everyone!!!!!

Good luck at the new farm

00noturkey and Tankt like this.
  3. Dang,haves is pretty slick

Feedman likes this.
  4. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    @1wildcatfan can probably put you on a good one. I'm not too sure there are any in Ky that can make a decent bobcat mount. I've never seen one anyway.

5. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    i seen a mount on this forum, here that was impressive. maybe two.

6. CHL

CHL 10 pointer

Jul 14, 2008
    Central KY
    upload_2021-8-15_8-58-42.jpeg

Send him out west in my opinion. Dewey Wildlife in Cody, WY or Phil Soucy in MT.

7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Wow!!!
    Those are awesome mounts!!!

8. woodsman92

woodsman92 10 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I’ve seen a lot of bad bobcat mounts. That is one thing where quality really comes with a price. I couldn’t tell you a price but I think they should be in like the ballpark of 900.
    The only taxidermist I’ve seen multiple good bobcat mounts from firsthand is Gerry Wethington in Columbia. I killed one a few years ago, I wasn’t interested in paying for the mount so he mounted it and put it in his showroom. You can go to his shop and see some of his work before giving him your business.

bowhunter269 and Tankt like this.
  9. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    Amy’s Animal Arts in NC. Outstanding skill level on cats. Everyone of her cats looks like it could jump up and run away.
    But she ain’t cheap.

As to eating, a female cat is some really good tasting almost pink like pork flesh. A young of the year male is almost as good. A mature Tom can be ok but can also be really rank - always a guessing game

My first cat was money wasted. Ended up eventually donating it to Camp Dick Robinson Elementary School for their trophy case (they are “The Bobcats”). Just got to where I couldn’t stand to look at it anymore.