Taxidermist near Lex.

nooge

6 pointer
Oct 28, 2008
Lexington, KY
Any suggestions around the area for ducks? I've heard of Gunners and a few others, but honestly I'm not looking to spend a lot. I know you get what you pay for but thought I might see if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks...

CHL

10 pointer
Jul 14, 2008
Central KY
Good things in life aren't cheap and cheap things in life aren't good.

x2 on this. The work over there at Gunners is some of the best in the business. You will pay for it, but it looks dang good and is well worth the price.....just my IMO.

Downeaster

Spike
Oct 13, 2006
Frankfort
I'll agree with everyone else on Gunner's!!! Harry did a surf scoter for me...and it is one of the most spectacular mounts of all time! If it is a special bird....you have to take it there....start saving now!!!! :)

quackwhacknstack

6 pointer
Jan 30, 2009
I will have to agree with gunners. Excellent work, a little pricey, but it is worth it. I will be taking a duck up there around april.

chasmck3

Spike
Dec 20, 2008
Lexington
Have to agree with everyone else, Gunners is the best. I have a wood duck from almost 10 years ago and it still looks perfect. THey are the best

fillgood

Fawn
Jan 27, 2010
Gunners does do good work. There is a guy that is going to set up some ducks mounts the Lex. DU banquet on Sat. will look them over & get back to you.

M

mrdux

Wade Calvert is around Georgetown and does good work also. I think his shop is 4 Seasons.

possumscod

6 pointer
Apr 15, 2007
Take it to gunners, the quality is worth it. If its like usual it will take around a year to get it back any way. Just do like me and every day when you get in from work put all your change from your pocket in a big jar. When they call you to pick it up take your change to the bank! You will be surprised at how much you can save in a year that way.. And you will have a mount that will super for years to come.
He should have one ready for me about any time now, ready to cash in the jar!!

JeepKid

6 pointer
Dec 11, 2006
London,Ky
I will have to agree with everyone else, Gunners is the clear choice for an absolutely amazing mount!! They may be a little high, but it is well worth it because they are the best. I got this pair of woodys back just a few days ago. they even look good in the back seat of my truck. I got several other mounts from them if you'd like to see some pics, pm me.

2010-01-26153342.jpg

fillgood

Fawn
Jan 27, 2010
I took my turkey to Full Fan Tax. in Lex. he use to work for Harry. He does some good work on his turkeys, so I'm sure his ducks would look good too.

Latest posts