Talladega

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by AteUp, Apr 25, 2009.

1. What happened? we dont get it over here in the DESERT!!! who won?? what was the top 5?

gordon didnt finish??? ;)

2. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    Brad Keselowski, in just his fifth Sprint Cup start, got an improbable victory in a last-lap duel with Carl Edwards that ended with Edwards’ car slashing into the catch-fence as it crashed violently after contact from the winner.
    Edwards’ Ford gashed the fencing in a manner similar to the horrifying 1987 wreck by Bobby Allison that led to the birth of the restrictor-plate era at this 2.66-mile track.
    Eight fans were injured by debris, according to an Associated Press report.
    Track medical director Bobby Lewis said none of the injuries was life-threatening, but two women were airlifted to Birmingham hospitals. He said one likely had a broken jaw and the other was not injured but was taken because of a medical condition.
    The final drama began on a restart with four laps left in the race. Ryan Newman, who’d been pushed to the front in the draft by Denny Hamlin just a few laps earlier, led Dale Earnhardt Jr. to the green flag.

3. wow what an ending MUSTVE been a really BAD wreck. I hope everyong is okay.... so the guy who won you think he will be really good this year? or is this just a lucky win? Would Carl edwards wouldve won if it wasnt for the wreck?

4. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    Yeah, Carl had it, he actually got out of his car after the wreck and ran across the finish line, Ricky Bobby style. He got airbourne and landed on the roof. This Keselowski feller is supposed to be like Earnhardt Jrs. protege. So theres is high hopes for him.

5. that sucks for carl well ill have to catch up ON MY NASCAR. I havent got to watch one race yet this year ;)

6. mrdux

mrdux Guest

I was furious when Carl was taken out!!! It was a scary wreck to watch and Carl showed he was a class guy when he said that Keselowski didn't do anything wrong and the contact was due to him trying to block the pass. I would have wanted to choke the life out of the kid but that why they race and I sit at home. Carl did say that NASCAR would keep it up until they kill somebody with the restrictor plate traffic jams. It's a wonder that fans weren't killed today.

7. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    Wasnt it as much Carls fault as Keselowskis? He knew he would be underneath, going for the pass, but yet he still tried to block him. Carl couldnt hug the line, he would have had a better chance if he would have just stayed up instead of trying to come back down.

8. Scott7m

Scott7m 12 pointer

Dec 20, 2007
    Carter City, Ky

ummmm Carl wrecked himself....... Carl didn't show class or any of that fancy crap. He just stood at the mic and told the truth.. I guess that is classy but he was blocking..... as he said, Brad did what he had to do and Carl took the chance and lost.. If you can't go below the yellow line and someone tries to run you below it, heck with em... hold your line... it's racing not powder puff.. Carl coulda not blocked and still had a dang good chance to win..

Racing is a dangerous sport. Watching racing at the track is dangerous, all that should be understood. I attend at least 60 races a year, rarely seen anyone hurt, but I know that nascar's popularity has dropped in the last 10 years and a lot of it has to do with nascar trying to control every aspect of the sport.

9. I had to listen to it while working ground, It was a wild one for sure. Man what a Ride.

10. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Carl wrecked himself. That's why he wasn't more PO'd after the race. Glad he didn't get hurt.

11. Keselowski did his job, exactly as he should have. Carl knew he himself caused his wreck, not Brad, and admitted as much. The only person Carl should be mad at is Carl.

12. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    I think what has mrdux is upset about is that the Blue Oval was dominated by the Bow Tie Brigade again! :D

13. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    It just pisses me off even more that the exact same thing happened to Vickers last year when he tried to block junior and everybody got mad at Junior. If you try and block on a restrictor plate track, you may end up on your roof. You have to be smarter than that. Junior was running 15mph faster than Vickers was, Vickers tried to block him into the infield and got spun. HIS FAULT. Carl Edwards tried to block Keselowski and got spun. HIS FAULT.

14. maxcam

maxcam 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2005
    Terry you have to remember the wins and championships that Dale Sr cost those Ford boys over the years......Naturally his offspring is going to be the bearer of their frustration! ;)

15. harpp

harpp 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2002
    Rineyville, Ky, USA.
    Keselowski did the same thing that Regan Smith should have done to Stewart last year. Regan tried to go under and it cost him the win.