talk about a really mood killer.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by turkeyhunter91, Nov 13, 2015.

1. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 12 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    So this evening i found out that the guys that we had so much touble with a few years ago are back for this year. They killed almost 40 deer in 2 years. They hunt wherever they want and shoot anything they want, spotlight, road hunt, just about everything you can think of.My wife and I bought a farm a couple weeks ago that they used to trespass on and im betting they will this year also.sorry for rambling so much but I just had to vent and I think my wife was getting tired of hearing me go on and on haha. Good luck everyone.

2. rackhanger

rackhanger 6 pointer

Jul 5, 2012
    N east,
    Let them know you mean business feller.

3. wkyhunter1990

wkyhunter1990 Spike

Oct 24, 2015
    Terrible, what county(ies)?

4. Bruteforce

Bruteforce Spike

Oct 16, 2015
    I bet a couple shotgun shells toward em would change their mind real quick, I would just call the Game Warden and explain whats going on thats rediculous

5. turkeyhunter91

Apr 3, 2007
    Rowan co. I dont remember what county they are from, is in the eastern part of the state.I tried to get the game wardens to come out and do something before they got ran off the first time and im guessing that the game wardens wont be much help this time either.

6. wkyhunter1990

wkyhunter1990 Spike

Oct 24, 2015
    Wow, not sure why they even wait until gun season if they don't care to blatantly break the law like that.

7. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    Meet them face to face if they trespass. Tell them you will not tolerate it and will punish to the full extent of the law.

8. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    These guys obviously are slob hunters and have no respect for laws or other peoples property. They will have guns so this may not be thebest approach, I would call the State police or sheriffs office if I was you.

9. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

What advice did the CO give you when you contacted them? If it were me, and I knew I was going to have trouble, I'd have already contacted the CO so they could be pro-active instead of reactive.

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Wardens didn't help my brother at all with trespassing a few years back. Kind of hinted that he needed to call the local police department. I'm thinking, "They're hunting land that they have no permission to hunt and that's not a wardens job?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. turkeyhunter91

Apr 3, 2007
    well my suspensions was right. before daylight this morning they started. after my dad got done hunting he drove by and could see 2 or 3 laying in the field and the truck was gone. well when i came back from hunting he told me about it and i went to video the deer lying there and they was gone so im guessing they came back and got another truck load. i bet they shot 20-25 times this morning. the reason i hadn't contacted the co before today is because up until this year they hadn't hunted for the last 3 years because before the guy there hunting on ran them off because they shot one about 10:30 on night right beside his mothers trailer and went up and went to beating on the door and hollering to tell her and they really scared her. but i guess this year he decided to let them come back. i tried to get the co officers to come out when they hunted here before but they wouldn't even come out,

12. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I might let the CO know that if they don't feel like coming out, then you'll just go ahead and take care of it yourself. That usually gets a response.

13. KAHUNTER

KAHUNTER 6 pointer

Jan 11, 2007
    Henderson
  14. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    A little story that kind of relates.
    Few years ago a buddy had 3 guys break into his garage. He woke up and saw their flashlights moving in the garage. Called the police and told them that someone was breaking in his garage and was still there. They told him they were too busy to send someone right now. He called right back and said nevermind, just send the coroner, I'm going to take care of it. Within 5 minutes, he had 9 or 10 cops pulling in the driveway.
    If they refuse to send someone, tell them you are heading out to defend your property, go ahead and send an ambulance and a coroner, they will get there quick.
    Police might not like it, but they will come and if you don't shoot anyone, I doubt there are any charges you could face, although one of the officers of the law in here would know better than me.

15. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    20-25 they must be good poachers that is quite a effort.