Taking the vax?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyhunter99, Dec 15, 2020.

Will you get the vax

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Not right away

19 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Lmao!

00noturkey likes this.
  2. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I find all this very interesting as to the different reactions people are having to the Injection.
    I already said I didn't have any affects at all from the first one.
    I Just got scheduled for #2 next Wednesday at Kroger field....I hope I get the SAME Foxy Nurse i did the first time.
    I will give a true and honest repor next week.

Dark Cloud and barney like this.
  3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I had a smoking hot nurse asked me if I wanted a sponge bath while I was admitted in the hospital and my buddies jaw dropped when I declined. When she left he said what the hell are you thinking! I responded you and I both know I’m not that lucky and had I agreed to the sponge bath she would’ve sent in a very large hairy gay man to take care of me.

TripleGee, 00noturkey, Nock and 3 others like this.
  4. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Decided to finally bother casting my vote, increasing the big fat NO percentage. Too many unknown variables. I'll take hard facts over guesswork, when it comes to science.

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m one of only a few at my work place that hasn’t had the vaccine. Most have had both shots. Arm soreness was the biggest thing but I do know a few that have had actual flu like symptoms for a day or two after the shot. More the 2nd shot than first. Also, know a guy who just tested positive today and he’s had both shots.

ribsplitter likes this.
  6. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Interesting Xbo... keep us updated on that feller.
    Its confusing how it affects ppl differently. My aunt that's healthy never smoked etc felt rough after 2nd shot for more than 24hr no energy aches etc.. she takes care of my diabetic uncle that's been on dialysis every day for years and could pass really at any time, it didn't bother him a bit. Go figure...

7. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    2 of my drivers got both vax shots, and they both tested positive, again, this week.
    Knock yourselves out.

8. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    Hate to hear that. Did they get tested because they felt bad or was it mandatory testing for work?

9. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    No mandatory testing. They both got tested when they felt like shit. Same deal after the vax. FWIW, BOTH of the ol boys still say they had the regular ol flu. Of course, we all know that disappeared.

Nock, barney and dirtstalker like this.
  10. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Pap and mom got their 2nd shot last week. Pap, tough as nails, never complained about even a sore arm. Mom ran a fever first night. Sore arm for a few days. In-laws same thing. All doing fine now. Wife and daughter had their 1st dose this week. No problems so far and hope it stays that way.

11. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Girlfriend got her shot today...Johnson and Johnson one and done and feels like shit right now. She's very tired and achy.

Yeah...I'll pass

Munson, dirtstalker and barney like this.
  12. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    My youngest son got hired at a fast food restaurant last spring because he wanted to work while he was being virtually schooled during the lockdowns. Of course masks were mandatory at his work place. He's a bigger germaphobe than I am, and was super paranoid about the mask wearing requirement, but he decided to proceed with caution.

A couple of months ago, employees at the restaurant started testing positive one by one. Wasn't but a few days before my son had a sinus burning, and his manager told him he had to have the test even though he didn't want to. He tested positive and was quarantined at home for 14 days. My son lost his sense of taste and smell for a couple of weeks, but never felt bad at all. We don't wear masks, and nothing at all changed while he was quarantined at home. We kinda felt like he got a well deserved vacation, and we had a big time on his days off! With no out of the ordinary precautions what so ever, just completely normal family life, his mother nor me had the first symptom.

When his quarantine was up the health department called and released him to go back to work. 6 or 7 days later the health department called my wife and told her we were released. Hell, we never even knew that we were quarantined and I never changed my daily routine at all.

Carl, bondhu, JR in KY and 6 others like this.
  13. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    I got the J&J shot today around 2 pm and feel fine so far. I was able to play a round of tennis with my daughter today. My wife got her second shot on Tues and felt like crap for two days. I had no intention on getting the shot until last weekend a family friend and his wife got it. After talking with them and hearing about being in the hospital for 8 days I decided to roll the dice. Nurse said the J&J shot is nice since it is a single dose, but said it doesn't work as well as the other two in tests, but better than nothing. We shall see how it works.

14. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    I’ll prolly end up having to take it. Of course the company can’t “make” you take it, but the oil companies can say they don’t want anyone working for them that hasn’t taken it, so that puts you in a spot you either take it or don’t have a job. Your choice.

15. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Similar story......my daughter and son-in-law were staying with us during the holidays. He got sick, tested positive. Daughter got it. They stayed with us, wife was pretty cautious and I was "business as usual". Neither the bride nor I got it. The bride tested since she watched my grandsons (another daughter) to ensure she wouldn't pass along. Negative.

barney likes this.