Taking the vax?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyhunter99, Dec 15, 2020.

Will you get the vax

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Not right away

19 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    I got my second shot yesterday, the Phizer version. My meds weaken my system so I didn't want to risk the covid besides at my age I aint got a lot to loose LOL.

00noturkey likes this.
  2. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I finally got a call for Sat on shot 1. I told my wife if I turned into a Zombie, just AX me, she replied, Ask you what? I just looked up and told the Good Lord how lucky I was.

barney, JR in KY, rcb216 and 5 others like this.
  3. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I would not do that . The pain in my left arm was sore. If you take it in the rear I bet you won't sit down for three days;)

barney, Dark Cloud and 1wildcatfan like this.
  4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I know a local police officer up here. He’s a big sum bitch and he ain’t fat. Tough dude. He said his arm felt like someone hit him with a ball bat for a few days after.

5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Dunno. Obviously different experiences. Daddy is 84, and littler than me. He said second shot made his arm sore the next day. No idea which one he got.

6. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Yep . I just did not want to scare anyone. He sure did not sleep on that arm at night because I didn't.

7. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    Has anybody seen the sci-fi movie firefly? well, its basically about a multi- planetary government, that gives one planet a vaccine, to make the population mild, complient, only ten percent get violent an crazy instead. the other ninety percent get so mild, the just stop doing anything.
    this virus was genetically engineered. just a sample of whats to come. [a small conspiracy theory, on my part].
    i'm gonna get the shot because of my age. i dont think they can change human genes yet, but is is scary what they can do, or will do.
    if they figure out how to put stuff in my beer,,,
    hope they dont read this, hate to give them any ideals..:D:D:D

TripleGee and Carl like this.
  8. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    REAVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

00noturkey likes this.
  9. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    I got the first dose of Pfizer and it wasn't bad at all. I've heard that the second washes you out a bit more but the effects of the first were barely noticeable. My wife's scheduled for next week.

10. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    I got the first Moderna shot in December no side effects other than a sore muscle if I leaned on it but had no problem sleeping on that side. Had the second shot in Jan with the same muscle soreness if I leaned on it but also was tired or weak the next day but two days after no side effects other than sore muscle if I leaned on it. I did not feel either shot at the time of injection. My wife had the same reactions to the Moderna vaccine as I did. Im not worried about any long term effects.

I will add that I worked with a guy on Tuesday that said he was within the 90 day window of getting over the virus when he got the first shot and felt weak and or ill after the first shot and zero effects after the second shot.

Each Pearson reacts different to it but I will say a day or two of discomfort is worth not being isolated and sick for weeks or worse if you get the virus and it hits you hard.

I will also say at one of my local hospitals there have been 5 employees that were fully vaccinated and did not contract the virus when there in house families contracted it later so in this small sample the vaccine appears to have done its job.

After tomorrow every adult in my immediate family will have received at least the first dose.

bigbonner likes this.
  11. JonDunn

JonDunn 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2005
    Up the holler
    I received the first shot of Pfizer yesterday. My arm feels like its been hit by a 2x4 at the injection spot. The needle was as thin as fishing line.

12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

The shingles shot did that to me as well.

13. Fur Feather

Fur Feather 6 pointer

Dec 27, 2002
    Lexington, KY, USA.
    I got the 1st pfizer shot, sore arm if i leaned on it. Tested positive for Covid, no symptoms but had to quarantine for 12 days. Got released from the health dept and 2 days later got my 2nd follow up shot. The next day at work which requires me to walk a lot, I didn't think I was going to make it. Hip joints we sore and weak, muscle weakness, my back muscles felt like I had the flu. I was fine day 2 after it though. I'm 59. My 89 year old mother got both shots and felt fine. Guess I'm just a sissy!

14. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Either the shingles or tetanus shot I'm still feeling today, from getting stuck Wednesday morning.

15. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    I'm sure Bubba, the 300lb gay male nurse will be more than happy to fulfill that request.

00noturkey, Nock, Feedman and 3 others like this.