Taking the vax?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by kyhunter99, Dec 15, 2020.

Will you get the vax

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Not right away

19 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Undecided

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Plus over 60......

2. Mt Pokt

Mt Pokt 6 pointer

Nov 8, 2018
    Campbell County
    I'm torn...
    I own a business, and as great as a 2 week quarantine on my farm sounds, I'm not sure it's good for my employees and their dependents.
    If I'm out for 2 weeks without proper planning, a lot of folks (not to mention my business) could suffer for it.
    If I punched a time card for someone else, my attitude would almost certainly be against it, and take my chances. Since so many other people rely on my health; I expect I'll be getting the shot soon as it's available to me.

3. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I am jest about 72 yr old with COPD so I figured I better try it.
    I had the first one 2 weeks ago at Kroger Field. It took me weeks of telephone calling, filling out forms on internet websites and cussin the whole mess to get an appointment. Now I can't get another appointment for the second one.
    I had the Pfizer brand and didn't even notice when the Smokin Hot Babe poked the needle in my arm.
    Neighbor said "Hell No, Ain't gettin it" and he spent almost 2 weeks in Hospital a month ago and is still on Oxygen. I don't think he will ever be the same.
    Now, I can name you a dozen people who "Had it" and it was nothing.
    So.
    Do what you wish.

bondhu, barney, Feedman and 2 others like this.
  4. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    I wish Kroger field did like a lot of the other places do & went on & scheduled your 2nd shot when you got your first. It'd be a helluva lot easier. Not lookin' forward to trying to get my 2nd one. Heck, my husband can't even get in for his first & he's an essential employee...

5. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    My wife has a lot of health problems from bad vassal vagal syncope , high blood pressure and she has bone on bone in both knees with lots of arthritis in her hips and spine. After her mother passed away with covid we decided to take the shot. I did not want to take it but my wife insisted on me taking it if she did. We called Morehead hospital and they seen our medical history and placed us on the list.
    A little over a week ago we get a phone call (unexpected) for us to come and take the shot. I believe there was some on the list that decided against taking the shot. It was scheduled for the next morning and we went and took the first round of merderna vaccine . The shot was not bad and the next day our arms was sore. Other than that everything was normal.
    There was so many people lined up to get that shot that no one was more than 3 ft apart and people were piling in the door all the time. There was no CDC guidelines there that day.

barney likes this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    For what it possibly may be worth, I tend to believe that all should not concern themselves with it at this point in time, since spring is almost here and so very many having been isolated forever and a day now.

What I have always noticed strictly via photographing vast sized outdoor sporting events all over the place, and during all times of year, is that its during winter big wave events that most come down ill from exposure to the large horde in attendence.

I also think enough time has surpassed that people have become reacclimated to practicing necessary, proper hygiene, which is always the biggest factor.

Personally, I do not believe that the true ramifications of the vaccine will become even slightly understood, for at least a few generations yet to be born.

7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Took first and second moderna shot ,had a pretty sore arm ,for a few days on both ,the first was worse.As far as any other symptoms,I couldn’t say, cause I have aches and pains everyday anyway.

muddhunter and barney like this.
  8. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Hey LH - are you near Bardstown? Kroger - COVID-19 Vaccine zip 40004 has appointments available right now

9. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Mine was mederma. But if u have health conditions u don’t have to wait on your age group. Figured I’d throw that out there.

10. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Me and wife got the first shot this morning at health deptment. Moderna. Go back April 1st for second.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  11. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Here is my hypotheses. The VAX is a time release,a biological weapon just like the China Flu, funded by the liberal sumbitches and the one world government supporters. In a few years the time release will kick in and you will die from the Chinese Virus and there will be no cure. The one world government supporters will get the real virus shot,the ones who want to destroy the USA. :oops: Evil people will do anything for enough $$$. I hope I am wrong. :oops: God, help us.

rcb216, Trapper Delk and dirtstalker like this.
  12. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I'll be in the next group but can't get one for 2-6 mths. Yesterday, had the first of two shingles vaccine shots. Get the second shot in 2-6 mths, then I can get the covid vaccine.
    My parents got their first shot two weeks ago at the local Walgreens.

carnivore likes this.
  13. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    My son had to have the vaccine due to work. Pfizer vaccine no problems, just a slight headache after the second shot. My wife has had the first shot and will get her second one tomorrow. She has had the Pfizer vaccine also.

14. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Just curious..are you folks that taken or plan on taking the vaccine, worried about long term complications or side effects from it?

15. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    No.

slickhead slayer and dirtstalker like this.