Taking Politics out of it

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

What about this shutdown bothers you the most ? I talk with one man today that said his favorite bar was closed. That being a AL post. I told him he could drink at home and he came back with but then the wife would know how much I drink. :rolleyes:

Winchester94 likes this.
  2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I don’t know how many replies you’ll get but at some point it will become political. I’m bothered by seniors not getting a traditional prom and graduation. On the flip side, I’m bothered by people who are concerned about things such as this and not other issues. Many people won’t get what I’m talking about but it’s the world I live and work in. I miss most of the kids I work with and I like my colleagues. As far as having to stay at home, no issues. Can work from here. I don’t bore easily and I’m close to town and can order and pick up if I choose. Now if I only lived close to my hunting ground, I’d be set.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    The worst aspect is the communist politics and propaganda from the communist left and media.

00noturkey and Gforcetrivers like this.
  4. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    Businesses being destroyed. People who poured their life into a small biz. Some 3 generations old. Out of biz forever done in by nothing they did wrong. Oil prices crashing today could be an extremely dark omen for what’s ahead. I know some will think hey cheap gas at the pump that’s great but oil does and will effect huge parts of the economy. Doesn’t matter what industry you will be negatively effects by it unless your eating nuts and berries and wearing hemp clothes. Just a touch of political in there. Oops.

5. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    The only thing it has changed for me is I can't eat lunch out.
    Other than that it's been life as usual, I'm Expendable and don't really care, I'm not going to live my life afraid of dieing and not getting to enjoy it!

6. woodsman92

woodsman92 6 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    What bothers me most is Not seeing family. Me and my wife are both still working. My wife’s work involves going in nursing homes and hospitals. Afraid we may be asymptomatic we don’t go see our parents or my grandmother.

Ataulbe1, Winchester94 and xbokilla like this.
  7. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    It will cost a kid somewhere. Someone was going to have a break out senior season in spring sports. And get a scholarship. That won’t happen now.

muddhunter likes this.
  8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

Definitely. Same with college to pro but really tough in HS given how expensive college is these days.

9. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    That I can't go get a burger and craft beer.

10. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Yup. I work at a hospital and my wife at a nursing home. People avoid us like the plague. When people get too close at the grocery store I don't get mad, I just think if you only knew... :D

11. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I live a pretty secluded life retired raising Damcows way out in the country. But I do like to go into town and get something to eat at McD, Hardees, or similiar. I have my favorite ladies that work in these places and I miss talking to them and other Old Codger patrons.
    My wife can't hardly Live without a Wendy's visit every day, so she is unhappy.
    I miss going to Louisiana in Crawfish Season (now) to the festivals for Music and Food.

00noturkey, FOWLER2671 and xbokilla like this.
  12. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Typical demorat. Take one opinion and apply it to the masses.

My wife knows how much I drink. I don't hid squat from her. She and I work and share, funny how that works. We both feel like you are a moron.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Why? I’ve grilled a many a burger and have even had a craft or two since this has been on. Buy your own and save $$. I do know what you’re saying though. My wife and I always had date night on Thursday while my little girl had dance. We liked to hit a few pubs and have an adult beverage during that time. I’ve tried to lay off the crafts lately though. Don’t want to go back to work too fat :eek:.

east_ky_hunter likes this.
  14. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    Already too fat to walk. Might as well go out happy. Like to go out, drink and eat, eat and drink and socialize with random people. Gets pretty lonely here by myself.

JR in KY, FOWLER2671 and xbokilla like this.
  15. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

It was not you I was talking with...Why ruin a decent thread with nothing but BS.