Swisher 44"

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Selling my Swisher Rugged Cut.
44" electric start (gotta jump the solenoid though, I always just pull start it). 10.5hp Briggs. Offset tongue, but can be set to center pull also. Tree kickers and foam filled tires. In decent shape and I just sharpened the blades. I usually pulled it with an old Arctic Cat 500 and it will cut anything you can run over. It's a beast of a machine but I just use a tractor anymore. $1200 in Willisburg.
PXL_20220515_145918672_copy_864x1536.jpg

keeruss8

6 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
Does it have ability to raise or lower if ya have to go over rough ground or a patch of rocks? Or do you just have to shut it off?

Strutter

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 9, 2001
USA.
I’ve been using one just like that for 22 years on my farm. Always starts on first or second pull after sitting all winter. They are tough little machines. I have a tractor now but still use the swisher in the places the tractor can’t go, meaning steep and rough. If you can drag it over it, it will cut it down.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
I’ve been using one just like that for 22 years on my farm. Always starts on first or second pull after sitting all winter. They are tough little machines. I have a tractor now but still use the swisher in the places the tractor can’t go, meaning steep and rough. If you can drag it over it, it will cut it down.
Yessir. I've had this one for 12 years now, and it's impressive every time I take it out.

257Wmag

6 pointer
Oct 7, 2015
NC
These things are tough little buggars. We use one at our club and it’s cut stuff that I never woulda thought was possible. As said if you can get the 4 wheeler over it it’ll chomp thru it.

Only issue we have with ours is stretching belts. Seems to eat belts often, maybe a pulley is out of line.

How often do you need to change the blade belts if at all?

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
These things are tough little buggars. We use one at our club and it’s cut stuff that I never woulda thought was possible. As said if you can get the 4 wheeler over it it’ll chomp thru it.

Only issue we have with ours is stretching belts. Seems to eat belts often, maybe a pulley is out of line.

How often do you need to change the blade belts if at all?
I've changed it once in 12 years but it didn't need it