Surprise, surprise

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by drakeshooter, Jul 7, 2016.

1. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    I would venture to say that the majority here do not know thats chamberlain showing an agreement with Hitler and saying it would provide " peace in our time". Just sayin

drakeshooter likes this.
  2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I understand your point, but I think the analogy is incorrect. Chamberlain seriously thought he would protect the British people through appeasement. I don't think protecting the American people ever crossed Barry's mind.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    BOTH are appeasement. BOTH told their people that the deal they signed would make the world safer. What went though their minds, only they know for sure. Reading the history of Chamberlain he was a liberal and also most of the moves he made while Prime Minster was to help keep himself in power.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I have no idea what you are arguing. What aspect of the Iran nuclear deal could possibly be misconstrued as something that would make the United States safer? I can make an argument as to why appeasement could have made Great Britain safer in the 1930's.

6. stevenvalleyagain

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    That is exactly what the administration said when they signed the deal. They said the Iranians would eventually get nukes but this would make it be 10 years instead of less than a year. At least thats how they tried to spin it. YES..they really did play it that way. Its almost like they really did believe that if we let iran have "peaceful " nuclear power, they wouldnt pursue nuclear weapons. Either they are ridiculously naive or deliberately put non muslims in harms way.

7. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    Neville Obama......name fits, don't ya think.

8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    The president told the American so when the deal was brought out on the news. Later Obama himself complained about several web sites showing that same picture on the internet saying he didn't hurt the USA like they did in the 1930's. It was on the news several times. I have no idea why you are ever arguing about anything here with the picture unless like Obama you don't like it.

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Thank you for the explanation. I was unaware that Barry admitted that the Iran deal was simply a stalling technique. I don't recall that and thanks for bringing it to my attention. If that's the case, then the analogy is spot on and I stand corrected. I still don't think that was the purpose of the deal though. I think the administrations entire goal was to provide a path for Iran to become a nuclear power....not prevent or deter it.

10. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
  11. stevenvalleyagain

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    I have no doubt that he wanted to make his brothers a nuclear power, however, thats not at all what he told the American people.

12. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Barry is wearing an ugly dress. His husband should have told him so before he left the house.